Five Thoughts on Oklahoma State Basketball's 2023-24 Season

Boyton is just not a very good coach. It’s pretty simple. Boon Pickens is still dead and Chad dosent have a hair on his arssss. Gundy is still fooling freshman and giving them hope I guess but has 1 championship in 20 years. Just been pretty lame around Stillwater for some time now. And then you got the newer president. Maybe next boys as we always say.

1 Like

I hope Chad Weiberg isn’t going to fly the OSU brand straight into the ground. MBB is a stain on the Cowboy brand. The cost of this ongoing damage needs to be considered when determining a buy-out. Boynton has had seven years to show he can coach. He can’t. He was here before NIL, so don’t use that as an excuse. I see other colleges making the right decision, LVille, Ohio St, S. Ill, so Chad better “man up” and do this. We don’t need better assistants to cover for Boynton, better to fire him and put an interim coach in place. If Chad doesn’t fix this then he deserves the frustration that will come at him.

1 Like

I just cant imagine that teams will be lining up to poach players from a team at the bottom of a 14 team league. If we cant afford to let Boynton go and need to keep him another year it really shouldn’t be that hard for him to retain such an awful team. Add a few pieces without breaking the NIL bank and save money for a year and make some big moves at the end of next season.

I’d imagine someone would pay quite a bit for Dailey, Garrison, and Keller. SMU gave Tyreek Smith a few hundred thousand for this year I believe is what I heard. Avery is also probably getting a few hundred thousand for this season. Cisse is averaging less than 5 points and 5 rebounds a game and Ole Miss paid him a lot.

Boynton already flew the brand into the ground.

I seriously doubt Weiberg will can Boynton, he’ll get another season or two. Better turn things around in a major way next season or he might get canned DURING 224-25 season. The NIL is an excuse, there are plenty of much smaller unis that are much better than us who probably have zerO budget for NIL!

Holy shitt they actually fired him.

Time to take a look at some of these Mountain West coaches.