Five Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 2020-21 Season

I was just using figure of speech. I do agree, we need to work a BUNCH on free throws this summer. But just for sake of argument, there is a little bit of luck involved when a team starts 23-23 on free throws, regardless of how clutch they are. Steph curry would be hard pressed to make 23 out of 23 free throws in a game and he’s arguably the greatest free throw shooter in the history of basketball. It’s more impressive when you consider the entire team did it, especially when they’re typically average on free throws. If they just miss their normal amount of free throws and we don’t completely suck at them we win. Tough pill to swallow

But they played before us :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Which puts KU back where they usually are.

I’m excited to see why next year brings. Assuming no drastic transfers, I think we’re going to surprise a lot of people next year.

Where did Wade say that about the officiating? Would like to read it.

Two of those games noncade team were against jr highs weren’t they.
:upside_down_face::innocent::blush::crazy_face::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face:
We will have to wait and see till next year.
With all the players leaving u didn’t talk about players coming in. There r 6 teams with at least I 4star and Baylor has 2 plus a 5 star
I would like to see a center, he has no offers out to a player taller then 6’8"
Hope the ncaa goes quick now so he can figure out the recruitment

1 Like

I agree that Boynton has earned a modest raise and contract extension. This was a good, not great, year and was on par with what I think we should expect from our basketball program. It did come to a disappointing end, but even the best programs/coaches get upset in March. It happens.

That said, if some other program wants to come in and take a massive financial risk on a guy with one NCAA Tournament win in four years, I do not think it would be wise to get into a bidding war. That is the mentality that got us into the Travis Ford mess. We can treat Boynton right and pay him what he has earned without being reckless. If some other program wants to do that, so be it. There are plenty of great candidates out there.

2 Likes

We got iced! Man I’m sorry and Iv said in the beginning that ice needs to sit the bench and come off the bench when we are in foul trouble because he just hurts this team. I’m sorry Mike should have set him when we needed a comeback and that was coaches bad and I hope he does not come back. Good kid but a slug that can’t shoot a lick.

Jesus the big 12 and big 10 look like sh!t. What in the hell happened this year man? Only Baylor and Michigan remain.

1 Like

I wasnt really all in about the big 12. Special all of them big top ten teams. The virus took away 6 games and thosegames would have been cross over.
Come on Colorado and oru are better.

Yep, I checked on that and it’s a little worrisome. Kansas doesn’t really lose anyone, unless guys leave early or transfer (or the NCAA comes knocking this summer😏).

1 Like

I saw it on a tik tok, and to be honest I have absolutely no clue how to go find it now, it’s lost somewhere in an endless stream of 17 year olds dancing to rap music up in outer space somewhere.

2 Likes

Random thought while looking ahead:

The NCAA needs to get us an answer. This is bordering on a legal liability for the NCAA now. It is unfair for Oklahoma State to try to operate and recruit not knowing the ultimate outcome from the NCAA.

Now might be the time to push back on the organization. The NCAA has egg all over its face due to colossal screw-up with the women’s tournament. Push the envelope a bit now.

I say if the NCAA doesn’t give us an answer by April 1, file suit. Arguably, the delay has already cost us one contributor (Yor Anei) and now we are compromised in our recruiting as the cloud hangs over the program.

2 Likes

I think some of these lower seeds are playing out of there minds. Reminds me of Villanova when they beat Georgetown back in the80’s.

And yet a month ago we were all on board with a delay on the NCAA’s decision. Cant have it both ways.

Of course we can.

There was no way the NCAA could gut the season after Jan. 1, 2021. But now that OSU’s season is over, they need to “fish or cut bait.”

2 Likes