Five Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 74-58 Loss to Baylor

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/five-thoughts-on-oklahoma-states-74-58-loss-to-baylor/

Woof.

Boynton didn’t pull any punches about what happened. No need to it was plain as day. What is the deal Cisse not playing some ? Is it a liability factor of what. Sprained ankles happen. You pl as y through most if not real serious. Maybe I’m wrong ?

If you watch when he sprained his ankle, I’m shocked they didn’t announce he was out for week. I’ve never seen some roll the inside of their ankle (rather than the outside). Boyton would have done himself a favor if he said he was out for a few weeks rather than game time decision.

1 Like

Beat OU!

2 Likes

Another game where we get beat significantly at the charity stripe.

Stop fouling!

2 Likes

Just feels like another season going nowhere.
How about PFB start giving more coverage to the women’s team instead. They’re 13-4, have a three game winning streak, and appear to heading in the right direction.

2 Likes

Ive kind of been wanting a lil more coverage on all the other sports.
I dnt mean in depth. Just recap. So we could talk about it.

2 Likes

I found it concerning on the 2nd or 3rd possession of the game that players were lost on what offense they were running. One player put his hands up as if to say what play? That’s not a good sign.

Two games prior they had two 5 minute droughts. This team struggles to shoot the ball, turns the ball over too much, and the defense is lacking.

Shooting is the big issue imo. The only year in the Boynton era that wasn’t bad was with Cade. To be expected with a number 1 pick. Other than that though, yikes.

This year they rank 212th in shooting percentage.
21-22 = 187th
20-21 = 64th (Cunningham)
19-20 = 225th
18-19 = 270th
17-18 = 235th

2 Likes

Breaking: Alabama Player Charged With Murder On Sunday (msn.com)

I wouldn’t want my kids to be in the 20’s range or any agdd Ed in Chicago/NY now. Better stap it on before leaving the house anymore. Sad deal

1 Like

Because Boynton is a horrible coach and has no idea what he is doing.

The Boynton era needs to end. Yes, he’s a great recruiter, but not so great at the actual coaching. Even now the casual fan is starting to notice. Everybody gets all excited about the recruiting then we get to this point every season and underachieve. When you look at Boynton’s postgame comments all i hear is “we got outcoached, we got outcoached, we got outcoached.” The Cade season bought him some time, but time is up in my opinion.

2 Likes

Here’s Boyton’s buyout clause:
Should Boynton be fired, OSU’s buyout the first three seasons is 75% of the contract. For example, after the 2021-22 season, the buyout is $13.5 million. In 2024-25, the buyout is 66.67% and the final three seasons are 60%.

1 Like

I thought he only got a 5 year contract. Thats 3 years after this one.

1 Like

It was a 7 year extension

1 Like

Good god holden real can screw things up. With basketball contracts

We gave him passes for covid and the ban. He lost no guys during the ban and went 15 and 15. The ban had nothing to do with that.

My deal is he has not changed much. The biggest deal is no one has improved under him.

2 Likes

Well make him the highest paid recruiter asst coach in the country because he’s not the answer at head coach, he’s had a chance…

3 Likes

Good lord!

2 Likes

Boyton is probably going to be the HC until after the 2024-25 season. At that point, OSU will be in the final 3 years of the deal, so the buyout will be more manageable. .

I would be find if he would change to a real offense.
Im see more assist in games. But were still throw up way to many 3’s. Guys get lost in the offense side to long. Crime dog was really lost. And boone gets lost most games. I dnt mean having a bad shooting nite. Im talk about guys you can run the offense thur and he shoots 2 shots

1 Like