Five Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 78-66 Loss to Kansas

I agree. Lotta ice hate lately but it’s unfair. His play style demands that the ball be in his hands (which I think is best for this team) and we defer to Cade wayyy to much. Cade is phenomenal in clutch situations but throughout the game he hasn’t been dominant enough to just rely on him to score every possession. Ice could work the offense better IMO.

Did Ice hit on your girlfriend or something Jeff? Lol

1 Like

I don’t agree with most of the MB hate but I do agree with this. At a certain point you can’t blame the coach for schemes because the players still have to execute. When I was in HS, I thought our coach had a great defensive set and a bunch of good offensive sets, the players just weren’t smart enough to read the options. When I got to college we ran the same stuff and guys were wide open almost every play. I know I’m comparing apples to oranges but it seems like a lot of times they’ll be in the middle of the play and someone will catch it and just stop working the rest of the play and start trying to take it themselves. That’s a player issue. But discipline falls completely on the coach and that’s Where MB has not been able to show he can get these kids to think before they act. Not to pick on him, but a good example is Anderson. The guy is a turnover machine and he’s out there throwing no look behind the back passes into the scorers table when we’re trying to make a run, completely ruining our momentum. Stuff like that needs to get fixed or they won’t get out of the round of 64 in March.