Five Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 78-77 Overtime Win over Oral Roberts

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/five-thoughts-on-oklahoma-states-78-77-overtime-win-over-oral-roberts/

Bryce Williams saved the day for the Cowboys.

1 Like

It was embarrassing to watch.
A little math:
OSU minus Cade = no good.
OSU minus any 3 point shooter = no good.

Going to be really difficult to win against good teams without having a 3 point shooter on board. The positive from this game is how hard everyone played. True grit. The team would be wise to just stop attempting three point shots. Get into the paint and draw fouls. Don’t even practice three pointers, just practice free throws. Let’s hope Avery Anderson comes back to life sooner than later. Kudos to Bryce Williams for coming back this season.

1 Like

I missed the game due to family being in. Where was Keylan? He’s usually good for a couple of threes off the bench.

A win is a win. 6-1 people.

2 Likes

Oakland

1 Like

Oakland is 5-2 with losses to WV and #10 Alabama.

1 Like

LMAO

1 Like

Boynton has to change up the starting five - the lack of offense out of that group almost cost us this game. Having Cisse, Moncrieffe and Likekele on the court at the same time results in a very easy to defend, stagnant offense. I realize he’s trying to stagger minutes for an athletic team that is 10 deep, but most games he won’t be able to overcome horrific offensive stretches like we saw to start the game and the second half today.
I would start Anderson, Bryce Williams, Likekele and both Boones against most lineups. If playing a team with 2 or 3 bigs in the starting lineup, then I’d play Kalib Boone and either Cisse or Smith at the same time.
This is a pretty flexible roster, so there’s no reason to stick with the starting 5 he’s rolled out the past 2 games, because it’s obvious that group can’t score.

#4 Kansas lost to 2-3 Dayton today. Not too uncommon in college basketball to lose early in the season to a mid major.

4 Likes

Just agreeing with what Robert says!!! :man_shrugging:

Seems like a lot of these people are forgetting we just beat a team that went to the Elite 8 last season and they still have their best player from last season.

2 Likes

Not to mention Kansas just lost to a 3-3 Dayton team

1 Like

Last time I checked 10 and 1 wasnt good enough

I think Smith has to have more playing time. Montcrief has to slow down a bit like Avery Anderson had to learn to do to lessen the wildness and get more in control. Looks like Boynton has to keep experimenting with lineups until Big 12 play begins.
Cowboys got lucky that Abmas was terrible when driving to the basket and he missed so many baskets that way.

On the road even. This team is just fine.

1 Like

And against a team that went to the Sweet Sixteen eight months ago. People need to relax.

They went to the elite 8 and return the top scorer in the nation. People act like we just beat OBU by one point.

1 Like

I didn’t know Oakland made the dance

1 Like

What do you think about #4 Kansas losing to 3-3 Dayton? Does that make Kansas a bad program?

Since I’m an osu fan I dnt care. U should feel different Since ur not an osu fan I’m sure u feel different.
I personally hope boynton uses this year to expand his coaching. Not to be nice and play everybody