Football 2019 Thread

@marshall pretty much always crushes it.

5 Likes

I always enjoy a good read from @marshall

1 Like

Appreciate it, guys!

3 Likes

Where do we start ā€œBB runs on field goalsā€ movement?

7 Likes

This is the most important thing we need to do. Forget the QB race. I need BB on the field for field goals.

1 Like

This feels like a super fun 10-2, 9-3 sugar bowl/ Alamo bowl year

Weā€™ll still lose to the school in Norman and probably drop a game to someone we shouldnā€™t (as is tradition) but overall this trio will be so so so so so fun to watch.

Even though it was only Oregon state the oline just looked meaner. Thatā€™s a very big positive going forward and something mason never got.

2 Likes

I agree.

And whatā€™s more: OU fans after seeing Sanders last night are a little uneasy. With Tylan and Chuba at his disposal, they have the weapons to pull off an upset against anyone in the league. I really believe that.

3 Likes

Too early to tell. Looks like we will have to win shootouts this year especially in the big12. Before last year, we had an absurd winning % with one possession games, but last year that caught up to us. I still feel like we are at least a 3 lose team, but we will have to wait and see! Itā€™s going to be an exciting season for sure

So the defense goes, so we go. If they look as horrid as they do last night, we lose to Texas, OU, and at least two others. If they get themselves in order, we could end up with just two losses.

Defensive line will get better as the season goes along and that pressure will force bad throws for the secondary.

I dk this offense is going to be all time. Defense may suck but weā€™ll be able to overpower tcu Baylor Iowa state (lolz) etc.

Texas and ou will be tough.

But when you look at the triplets

Chuba is better than Joe Randle
Blackmon is better than tylan but not by much
Spencer has the tools to be better than Weeden.

Thereā€™s no Markelle Martin raging hell in the secondary though. And he was the difference between 2011 and 2013, 15-17.

1 Like

The defense isnā€™t going to be as bad as most of you think. It will be manageable. Oregon State scored points last season too.

3 Likes

Yeah, when I see players showing half-effort on that last drive of Oregon State, Iā€™m not inclined to agree. There was a marked decrease in the amount of heart the D showed once the game was out of reach.

How about this nugget from Berry Tramel today ā€¦

I learned a little from chatting up the OSU people. Namely this. A decent amount of people knew long before Friday that Spencer Sanders was going to be the quarterback.

1 Like

I sat next to some players parents last night and their son (starter on defense) didnā€™t know until they got to Oregon. Maybe people did know before that but they are learning before the actual players on the team were.

Uh far from just Martin. Lewis, Lavey, Gilbert, Brown, Lowe, Blatnick. So a ton of differences really.

And 2011 was an all time O line for OSU.

Weā€™ve had a ton of good CBs and DL. The guy coming behind them were at or close to replacement level.

But we havenā€™t had a safety near the level markelle Martin was. People forget he was an all American, not just a good player.

That last drive was mostly backups out there. Which is actually worse as they should have been trying to prove themselves

Ou is ummmmmm very very very good. Defense is just ok, which is better than what they were but holy smokies that offense

Well color me shocked that a team full of 4 and 5 star talent is better in week one than a team of 2 and 3 star Big 12 rejects.