Football 2020 Season II

They won the most recent national title in the Big XII…

So what? They also have been terrible (for the most part) for about 10 years while being consistantly highly ranked at the beginning of almost every season. Also, the always have highly ranked recruiting classes. That equals underperforming not matter how you slice compadre.

Underperforming yes but your comment was that they underperformed more than Georgia. In the past 15 years they’ve got two conference titles and a national title compared to just one conference title for Georgia.

I can appreciate the argument from either side. But I’ll have to agree with @Stilly_Vanilly on this one. Georgia has played in the SEC championship game 5 or 6 times in the last 10 years. Each of their losses has come against Alabama or LSU.

I don’t think anyone would objectively think that UT has performed better than Georgia, especially when you consider their results compared relative to their recruiting rankings.

5 Likes

Texas would trade their last 15 years with Georgia in a heartbeat. However I agree that neither are top-tier/blue blood. I put a lot of recent success bias into my definition and it’s so hard to do so when Clemson and Alabama took up half of the national championship game spots over the past decade.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqLa1ipr5Hw

I disagree both picks are on Sanders. Yes there was pressure on the first pick and he did well to avoid the sack, but the INT is on him.

How many National Titles came out of the SEC West during that time period (For SEC Championship argument)? Then, compare to the number of National Championships from the Big 12 in the same period. I think that will explain the conference championship being different. Additionally, if you had to guess, how many Big 12 titles would Georgia have in the last 10 years? 3? Maybe more…

Texas is without question a blue blood

2 Likes

They recruit at an elite level yet just like the other SEC schools yet they have no national titles in my lifetime.

Completely disagree. The first INT required the defender to utilize every inch of his vertical with an extended hand to first tip the ball. Then it required another defender to be in the vicinity, and lastly that defender had to make a diving catch. If Spencer tries to loft it over the head of the defender it is probably intercepted by the CB covering the intended target. That throw needed to be a laser and it took two defenders making great plays on the ball for it to be intercepted. Like I said before, if those are the only types of turnovers Sanders has for the rest of the year I am happy with it.

4 Likes

See, we can agree on something.

2 Likes

And Texas has 1 strictly due to a superhuman player. Without him, they lose bigly.

1 Like
3 Likes

They might have won in 2009 if Colt wasn’t injured. That team was better than people give it credit for in my opinion.

3 Likes

There was pressure on Sanders on the first pick because Chuba actually side stepped the DE coming through untouched. Chuba missed three out of four blocks on play action passes, took the guys legs out on the one block he got but didn’t even touch the other three.

2 Likes

So we definitely want KSU to keep winning? It’s for sure yes, right?

If KSU and ISU keep winning (except KSU against us obviously) we could/should win the Big12 without even having to beat OU, right? Like if we drop regular season Bedlam but it’s our only loss and we are KSU and ISUs only loss we’d play the winner of ISU/KSU in the Big12 championship. That’s a Gundy pipe dream right? To be able to win a Big12 championship without having to actually beat OU!

7 Likes

There was a stretch from 2005-2011 where the big 12 could’ve won multiple NC’s. Losing those tipped the balance of power to the SEC.

1 Like

Well OSU and KSU have to play each other, but yes. I think ISU has the best chance of running the table outside of losing to us.

2 Likes

We want KSU and OU to keep winning for rankings sake (fvck ou TBH though, post every single one of em). That scenario most likely would allow the games on Nov 21 to be two ranked match-ups (see pic).

After that, they can all suck it. As I’m sure ou won’t make it in.

1 Like

We’ve got to keep winning too though!!

2 Likes