Football 2020 Season

Ludicrous. Mike Boynton gets an article written about single one of his mishaps just like Gundy. Search for “10 Thoughts on…” articles. What else negative are you referring to that PFB should be covering negatively on Boynton?

Edit: may need to move threads on this one.

2 Likes

Criticism of both is fine. The tone and harshness of the criticism has not been the same. The amount of effort in promoting and pushing those articles has not been the same. This has been happening long before this latest incident. Maybe it has been justified. This latest incident, absolutely. Before that, I am not so sure.

7 Likes

I prefer a spring football season at this point. Anybody else?

Can this thread last that long?

1 Like

We’ve got our flaws around here but we can sure as hell can talk about just about anything ad nauseam.

8 Likes

Interesting. Let’s dissect this argument a bit. I’ve got a twitter link here that ;alkdsfa;slkdjfa;lskdjfa;lskdjf

1 Like

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I’d love to hear where you guys think we’ve been at fault.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m not sure there’s any way for us to really give solid feedback to this question (that has any credibility). Reason being, is that it’s pretty clear that alot of the reasons for the bad relationship between the Football Program and PFB are behind the scenes things that you haven’t given us specifics on (which, to be clear, you shouldn’t).

So the only answer you are going to get to a question like that is either “I like Gundy so I you are at fault for criticizing him” or “I like PFB and am tired of Gundy so he’s at fault for everything.”

5 Likes

I second this thought about most of it behind the scenes. However on countless times we heard Kyle discuss how PFB would love to have a better relationship with the football program like they have with other sports. We can see that one side is open to that. There is none of that from the football program. So it’s hard to say they both need to work on things to better the relationship. All of this also goes with the football team doesn’t need PFB, and PFB doesn’t need access into the football program. Would it benefit both parties and the fans, of course!

2 Likes

To be clear, I think we’ve been wrong, too, I’m just wondering if the areas I think match up with the areas everyone else thinks.

2 Likes

Could you guys imagine an early March football game with a late season Big XII basketball game? Catch Cade at 1pm against Kansas then go check out Chuba at 6pm facing Oregon State. :scream:

6 Likes

@PVPoke In this case it’s capitalism. The market holds them accountable.

2 Likes

I just get annoyed with the lack of any contrarian view. The view that actually takes some stones to write.

Example: It’s completely fine for MG to wear an OAN T-Shirt while fishing with his boys. Chuba is the one in the wrong here. Smart? No. Wrong ethically or morally? Nah, this is America we don’t have to agree. The Canadian needs to grow up.

PFB has the same left lean (although not nearly as bad other sites) as any other sports/media site.

It doesn’t take any stones to write something most of your colleagues and peers will agree with.

Then once you guys write the predicable left of center take, it often comes across as self righteous and preachy.

Which is probably why gundy hates you guys. From his point of view you guys write words on the internet. He is the one on the front lines helping shape young men from tough backgrounds. You’re just a blog. (Although he needs improvement in this area)

7 Likes

No it doesn’t.

2 Likes

I disagree. Morally and ethically, it is wrong to wear a t-shirt supporting a known race baiting network.

10 Likes

I still don’t understand where people think they did something wrong, i.e., how is it “left of center.”

Boone posted a picture of Gundy wearing an OAN shirt after Gundy said back in April that he watches OAN for unbiased news. Boone’s post was without comment - more or less, “a hey look at this thing.” A player on Gundy’s football team took offense to Gundy’s decision. And then that escalated into, eventually, a review of the football program that concluded last week and found Gundy needed to improve some of interpersonal relationships with his players.

What exactly would you have PFB do differently? They’re a niche site that covers all things Oklahoma State. Are they only supposed to be a media relations arm?

Without knowing anything about why there’s a disconnect between PFB and the football program, I’d suspect it’s largely because Gundy likes to control the narrative. He can’t do anything to control the narrative for a site that covers him extensively, except refuse to play ball with them. That’s his prerogative and no one should take issue with that. But they also shouldn’t have an issue if PFB covers him skeptically when the thing he’s paid to do - win football games and mold young men - has been on a downward trajectory.

4 Likes

I see that it is time to check out for a bit. Looks like today is the day to beat ALL of the dead horses. We sure are suckers for punishment, because we bring up the same :poop: over and over again. And it isn’t limited to this thread today.

9 Likes

I tried bringing up football season stuff. :sweat_smile:

1 Like