Football 2021 Offseason Thread

That’s why I’ve been hammering on the whole idea of uplifting/amplifying all of the other sports. Marshall has a real opportunity to put the squeeze on Gundy.

“We won’t give that guy any information, hate his outlet.”

“Well Coach Gundy, because of the attention the baseball team has received, because of his reporting, we have some of the top recruits in the country visiting us now.”

So on and so forth…

Gundy can eat a limp worm for all I care.

3 Likes

He’s talking about a three-star player in 7-on-7 football, in some small town in Wyoming, that received an offer from Gundy.

3 Likes

since someone beat me to it in another thread, I’ll post here…:neutral_face:

6 Likes

Agreed. It was a b—ch move by Gundy to cut access and an even bigger one by Holder not to intervene on PFB’s behalf. You don’t bite the hand that feeds you. Almost every other media outlet in this state caters to and covers the Goons extensively. PFB is one of the VERY few that is exclusively Oklahoma State!!!

4 Likes

As a guy from a small town in Wyoming I feel highly offended at the way you wrote this tweet. Not that it’s inaccurate, it’s probably pretty true. Still offensive.

7 Likes

No he is probably talking about the three 5 stars, nine 4 stars, and over a dozen 3 star players that are all paying their own way to see the OSU spring game this weekend. Since onsite recruiting is still not allowed with covid all of these guys are doing this on their own. So I would say this is a good thing and it could be a BIG week in the long run.

4 Likes

By what outlet are those players ranked that way?

(Pokes Report doesn’t count.) :smirk:

7 Likes

247, rivals, ESPN…

But yeah just go ahead bad mouthing the improvement that has occurred in our football recruiting that everyone has been begging for awhile. I should not have expected anything different from this board…

5 Likes

LOL

Well since you obviously don’t care to look at things for what they really are and just prefer to hate Gundy just to hate on Gundy, it is obviously not worth discussing this further with you. Not really a surprise though…

2 Likes

I don’t understand the push back here? I feel like we’re seeing improvement with recruiting so far this cycle… and maybe it is COVID related (aka, we’re better online than in person?), but I’m pretty happy & optimistic that we’re trending in the right direction.

10 Likes

Think I’m taking Team Orange.

3 Likes

What is wanna know is if Hutton is going to be continuously switching uniforms?

1 Like

If I’m on one of those teams, I’m trying to cut him a deal to get favorable field position.

2 Likes

That’s kind of a given, though.

4 Likes

Psycho, I’m mainly giving you a hard time, and if you navigate through some of my previous comments, you will see I’ve acknowledged a clear improvement in who we’re going after.

2 Likes

Is that full list for this weekend available anywhere?

3 Likes

Rivals has it. Just don’t have a log in to see it LOL. sounds like there will be a lot of guys there.

Anybody know what’s up with Boise tickets?

1 Like