Football 2021 Offseason Thread

OSU doesn’t have the academics to get in the Big 10 and the SEC isn’t interested in our brand. The sneaky play here… OU and Texas leave and the Big 12 adds the Arizona schools and the LA schools. The Pac 12 tv deal sucks and the Big 12 would be shopping their brand new rights. USC and UCLA get to have more say in a new tv contract. The Arizona schools have hated the Pac 12 for a while.

7 Likes

If the Big 12 stays together I want Colorado back.

9 Likes

I would really hate for middle America to lose its football conference. Maybe add: Colorado, Nebraska, SMU and BYU? Wishful thinking, I know.

5 Likes

Would that be the fastest whiplash of any collective program in the modern era? height being 2007 for football and basketball being so great the last 10+ seasons down to being kicked to the curb within such a short timeframe

Middle America could be a pretty enticing conference

I’d take Colorado back in a heart beat. Missouri, Illinois (could you imagine the basketball games, sheesh) Nebraska back, Minnesota and Wisconsin? Sounds like fun

1 Like

Let’s face it everyone. If Texas and OU leaves the big 12 this conference is done as a legit power 5 league.

11 Likes

Agreed absolutely, based on public perception ALONE. Hell the only reason the PAC12 is still discussed nationally is Oregon’s recent success coupled with USC, and UCLAs history

2 Likes

Reviving the SWC could be interesting. Let WVU go to ACC but add CU and the Arizona schools. That gets you to 10 schools and a round robin schedule in football.

OU & Texas leaving the B12 would be terrible for OSU, at least temporarily. We don’t have the brand or money to dictate much unfortunately.

Can’t imagine West Virginia wouldn’t be happier in the ACC.

2 Likes

This just sounds like a done deal. The SEC commissioner won’t comment when asked, Texas and OU officials are silent. That tells me this is legit and is probably happening. I could be wrong but man. What a bombshell.

OU and Texas only need majority vote in SEC. The only ones I can think of that would vote no are A&M and maybe Arkansas.

But what reason do they have to do it. Money? OU loses their free CFB berth if they leave

2 Likes

Yes

Money

Lots of money

3 Likes

Money, recruiting, prestige, conference stability. Also they get BIG TIME home games every year that will further help their season ticket sales.

6 Likes

Not a majority. Need 75%

3 Likes

The state of Texas gets its rivalry game back.

So let’s say they both leave. What happens to us?