Football 2021 Offseason Thread

You’d have to kick WVU out then, no way a conference agrees to be spanned across the entire continental US.

Oh they’re gone the second OU and Texas are. I didn’t even think of this as an option to stay. They’d be much happier in the ACC.

1 Like

Man to me the ACC is way better for OSU. Nothing about the P12 appeals to me.

4 Likes

can we even join the Big 10 academically?

Us Okie folks ain’t to good at learnin’ books and writin’ math

4 Likes

ACC would be a good basketball conference at least.

1 Like

Separate football from all other sports. The dynamics (travel, game frequency, etc.) are so different

No. We would not be allowed admittance. They made an exception for Nebraska to join and they have publicly said they regret it.

1 Like

We die unless we can get into a bigger conference.

1 Like

It would be interesting to see if OSU could take the lead on developing a new conference in the region. We’ve got a more than competent athletic department. Not sure if the reward would be worth the risk though?

We think Fran is annoying with Big 12 hoops, but Bill Walton at 11pm on a Tuesday would be torture. Please no on the Pac 12.

9 Likes

Or unless we take other meaningful schools from another conference which seems like it is on the table. Half the Pac 12 schools hate being there and Nebraska doesn’t love the Big 10.

2 Likes

P12 map vs ACC map. Technically closer to P12 country in Colorado. I think we fit in better with the Carolinas/Kentucky’s of the world than Cali/ Pacific NorthWest.

Oh I completely agree but I think it would be the best remaining realistic option for us if OU and Texas leave. We are not getting into the SEC or the Big 10 and remaining in a deflated Big 12 would be really bad. ACC is possible but not real likely so PAC is best option left.

1 Like

Good maps. But I respectfully disagree, partially because I would love it if OSU were in the Pac 12.

Add Boise State.

1 Like

To paraphrase Run the Jewels, “F$/& them, I never loved them, and salutations.”

If OU leaves I say we end bedlam like Kansas stopped playing Mizzou.

3 Likes

Actually they did not make an exception for Nebraska. Nebraska was an AAU member when they joined the Big 10 but then lost that status and the Big 10 just did not kick them out over it. We are not an AAU member and likely never will be.

3 Likes

One thing I haven’t seen discussed. I imagine our recruiting gets hit HARD if we’re thrown in with PAC. Meaning, I dont think we stay at the same competitive level to be a big dog in the PAC as a result

1 Like

This sounds ominous…

PAC-12 might also be rethinking the smoke from 2010/2011, they’d be across a huge geographical area and 3 time zones, and they aren’t a conference in the driver’s seat right now. ACC might try to counter the SEC and get both to move to 16 teams, but they could use that opportunity to finally get ND roped into football. If that happens they only need once school, and I think they pick up WVU before us. Big 10 isn’t gonna pick us up, so we likely land with the PAC imo.

2 Likes