Football Recruiting Thread

I get it, but 1) he’s been accurate on 90%< of his comments and 2) nothing is gospel until it’s announced anyway, so there’s no real harm in it. We’re paying for insider access with PFB+ and, whether you agree that HH provides that or not, that’s what we’re getting. But like you said, take it with a grain of salt and don’t believe if you don’t want to (as is your right), but then couple that with also not bothering to comment if you don’t believe the information either. All it does is muddy the waters and we have enough informational anxiety to literally cover the world right now. Let’s just enjoy the information we get.

8 Likes

I don’t agree on the 90% from what I’ve seen, but agree to disagree.

1 Like

They really are the weirdest thing man. Stonehenge, Crop Circles, Pyramids… and UT Football finishing in the top 10 one time in the past decade, and in the top 25 3 times.

2 Likes

Yeah, but it’s allowed us to get a foothold in the struggle for a conference title. Personally, I hope Texas is never ‘back’. It’s much more fun to see their hopes get raised astronomically high and subsequently demolished by a loss to Kansas or some other school to whom they shouldn’t lose.

3 Likes

Or let them be back and beat them anyway.

If they ever get someone who doesn’t burn daylight or holler down a well they’ll be tough to keep up with given their talent pool.

I assume these are Oklahoma HS recruits?

If, you were betting big boy $$'s, which '21/'22 recruits most likely end up in Stilly ?

4 Likes

I like to take shots at @Helper as much as anyone but he has been 100% accurate with things he reports. He’s probably Burns Hargis or something.

8 Likes

I’m right about recruiting stuff like 99.9% of the time. Except about Brendan Costello. I missed on that one. That’s the 0.1% though.

Maybe I should change my handle to “Helping-HandToo”

10 Likes

Ok State comes in a #9, more details in the thread

3 Likes

Yaaayy, we’re #9 on a list where Iowa is #1

1 Like

I wonder if the rest of the Big 12 feels the same way about OSU as I feel about KSU. I feel like we should beat the pants off them every year, yet for some reason(usually 4th string WRs pretending to be QBs) they get the better of us or it’s an extremely close win every time.

7 Likes

Athlete related tweet oty nominee

8 Likes

Mmmm… Swindle and Brown maybe? That’s tough. I like quite a few. Especially in the ‘21 class.

3 Likes

Some positive news because goodness knows we all need it. Made the top six of this kid. Four-star, #17 total receiver, nearly top-100 player. Legit stud and we’re in the top six against big-time teams.

9 Likes

Whoever has football recruiting connections, pass this along. Texas panhandle kid looks pretty good on his highlight film. According to 247, runs a 10.3 100m. Not quite as fast as the cheetah, but close enough. Can’t ever have enough speed.

Not saying this kid isn’t a really good athlete, but he is the prototypical “better than the other 21 kids” Texas Panhandle athlete. I have seen a lot of these guys get to college and just be average+

1 Like

Probably have a better shot if he played tennis.

The kid is fast, cuts pretty well, and honestly, all I want to see is a few Tyreek-like returns that I’ve been deprived of for the last several years

1 Like

lol

1 Like