Football Recruiting Thread

We apparently just offered this kid. He’s a 2021 RB and I can’t speak to his talent or ability, but that offer list is…not even remotely close to ideal. Maybe a diamond-in-the-very-rough?

He is apparently super fast, which is a plus. Not trying to sound down on the kid, mind you. It’s just one of those ‘okay, but what about gestures to ranked players?’ sorts of things.

3 Likes

Yes! A normal recruiting argument!!

Kid supposedly runs a 4.37. Can catch the ball out of the backfield. Averaged 9 yards a carry. Has 15 offers, and while we are definitely his best, anytime there are that many, more will be coming. Sounds like an ideal 3rd down back to me.

3 Likes

Could also be making in-roads at that high school. It’s fairly new and in a rapidly growing, relatively inexpensive part of Frisco.

3 Likes

Air Force Academy, Naval Academy, West Point, Holy Cross and Penn… Kid must be academically advanced and of high character, not to mention being fast as hell. I am all for a kid that has schools like that on his offer list, even if just to be a special teams player.

13 Likes

Could also be one that isn’t going to camps.

4 Likes

Silver linings, key, silver linings.

1 Like

What camps???

Well… last summer.

The scouting services host camps to rate athletes, and favor the athletes that show up to the camps.

Understand and know about the camps. Point was that none of them are going forward.

He doesn’t run a 4.37. I am willing to bet there are less than 5 high school athletes in the country who can run a sub 4.5.

Supposedly. I said supposedly for a reason. Definitely doubtful. I would agree there aren’t many that run a sub-4.4. There are definitely more than five that run a sub-4.5.

I guess someone(lots of someones) are taking notice of your tennis player.

@Helper
There were a couple of kids the pokes looked to be in deep with one was a rb Valdez I think. Anyway any updates on any of them.

4 Likes

How about any updates. I’m seriously starting to worry about this for our long term.

1 Like

Good things are happening behind the scenes right now. That you can be sure of.

11 Likes

Kendall Daniels dropped his top 12 today. OSU included. Despite what some may think, this quarantine period is appearing to help recruiting for OK St. I would look for some big commits when all this is over. That’s about as much as I can say about it for now.

12 Likes

How can that be, I thought all the players the Pokes were recruiting read the transcript and texted mike not to bother with continuing to recruit them due solely to his ghastly optimism.

2 Likes

Is that the DE sized S from Beggs, if so that would be both figuratively and literally a huge get.

1 Like

Yes sir.

2 Likes

I would expect 2 RBs and possibly 3 or 4 WRs in this years class. Also if I had to choose one way or another at this moment, I would say the class haul out of Oklahoma this guest will be historic. That’s purely off of observation tho. Just from the things a lot of these guys have said about OSU to not only me, but a few others as well. I really think the relationship aspect that our coaches thrive at but sometimes lose out to the “glitz and glamour” of other places could shine through.

5 Likes