Football Recruiting Thread

Like BIG 4*. Like maybe the final list of a top 10 at his position big.

5 Likes

3 Likes

So is he committing to us or announcing his list?

1 Like

How about a commitment? Not big news otherwise. :expressionless:

3 Likes

Got a feeling he’s either offensive guy or a safety

2 Likes

Well, we are dead last in recruiting, and the world is falling apart. Sorry just read the recruiting article. :rofl::rofl::rofl::man_shrugging:t2:

I said awhile back and I still believe that we won’t see any commits until after this stuff is lifted, (unless it goes on longer than anticipated) but being in the final running for guys that are top 10 at their positions is pretty big to me. Maybe not, but I think so. Sorry Chimp. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

If you panic about OSU being in last place in the recruiting rankings before November… you need help.

5 Likes

Blackshire? If so, the dude is a GAM

1 Like

He’s a leg…?

Guess you don’t understand strong classes help build themselves.

With what we aren’t seeing right now, we should be worried.

Fair, I guess. But we have been on a lot of dudes’ final lists, who were good and would be great additions. And to that I say fart.

2 Likes

Recent RB offer from Hutch CC. :eyes::boom:

2 Likes

Well then we should fire Gundy, obviously.

5’9" 225 lbs? That’s not a running back, that’s a brick shithouse

7 Likes

I don’t think there’s any reason for panic re: the 2021 class. But the dead period hasn’t helped OSU, for sure, considering the staff has always relied heavily on creating and establishing a family-like atmosphere. Tough when OSU recruits can only get that vibe via Zoom.

Don’t plan on writing about this (since every time I write about recruiting people lose their collective minds), but I did a trend line for OSU’s recruiting finishes by year in the national rankings since Gundy took over in 2005. I should’ve inverted it so better finishes would be on the high side and worse finishes would be on the low end, but obviously the higher the trend line in this case, the worse off you are in the national rankings … (I excluded 2021 since it is incomplete.) Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 4.54.39 PM

2 Likes

Respectfully I disagree and I know several recruits that would as well. I understand the premise, but I know that several have built a strong bond with OSU and have given them more thought because they aren’t being wooed at the Big House or by Nick Saban in their living room. They are having to have longer conversations over the phone and go off of coaches personalities where the OSU staff is really excelling.

3 Likes

#1 Juco RB in the nation. Runs a lot like (dare I say it) Tyreek… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I wonder what this looks like with classes re-ranked… :thinking:

4 Likes