Football Recruiting Thread

I was just thinking, “there is a mask in that pic?” I completely missed it…

4 Likes

Ar1 had quite a bit of support on this board for his anti Gundy threads/comments.

Short memories are a biatch

Gawwwhh. Why’d yall make me go over to the free side of things. I feel like I might have come back…changed.

But two things :

1. ar1 is exactly the type of reason why I never look at non PFB+. It’s just not worth it.

2. While I would LOVELOVELOVE for someone like him to be banned… just for discussion’s sake…it does open up a little bit of a slippery slope when you acquiesce to crowdsourcing a ban. Then it opens the door to people ganging up to ask the next person to be banned that they don’t like etc. Where do you take it from there.

Just an interesting thing to think about.

8 Likes

That’s a really interesting point, but I think that comes down to whether or not it could have a negative effect on the program itself. We have any number of jerks here (I count myself among them) but we all tend to limit those posts and discussions to the paid board. Ar1 and those of his ilk are not just engaging in crappy discussions on the free board, they are saying things that could have a demonstrably damaging effect on the OSU program, given that recruits and parents do read message boards. Now, if the recruits/parents are spending money to see what is being said behind the paywall, that’s on them. But if some jagoff is shooting his mouth off and trashing a kid publicly and easily-accessed by him or those close to him, that’s ban-worthy, at least in my eyes. It comes down to access.

1 Like

That’s why shutting the whole thing down may be a better option.

2 Likes

Holy War’d

I don’t think anyone hates that guy just because he doesn’t like Gundy, it’s the way that he goes about it insulting pretty much everyone (other posters, Gundy, recruits, you name it) and refusing to listen to any other arguments or take part in an actual discussion. There are plenty of disagreements on the PFB+ threads, but everyone here is at minimum respectful and willing to hear the other side out (most of the time).

2 Likes

Out on Swindle for the time being… By choice.

1 Like

Well dang. Whose choice?

Pursuing bigger options.

2 Likes

Ahh, ok. Thanks!

1 Like

He didn’t insult the recruit (Oliver) he bashed Gundy and his approach to recruiting. Something many of the people here helped pile on with when he bashed Gundy in a couple of threads on +.

So if he bashes Gundy in a way many on + agree with that’s cool he gets the :heart:

That is until people remember they were the ones who gave those :heart: to his post and rush to remove them.

But if some people disagree with how he bashed Gundy then a lot of the other Gundy bashers get their drawers bunched up.
Just an observation

What are the bigger options?

In general I agree with you, but in this case it is very obvious that he is trolling by refusing to engage in any actual discussion.

The Gundy truthers trying to infringe on a man.

I was meaning Utah’s location as a destination spot and Minnesota/Wisconsin as the lone football programs of note in their states.

1 Like

Ah gotcha. UU is for sure a destination school. Knew a kid in high school that went there because of the nearby snowboarding.

I feel like if Gundy see’s this he’s going to need 5 minutes with his office door shut… I mean the dude Eats, sleeps, breathes, pisses, and bathes in the type of culture that leaves Gundy more fired up than an on the field yelling match with Tom Hermon.

Zero chance, move along.

If we don’t sign the QB I want next year, then I’ll be ready to move on from Rattay. And Dunn. And Gundy. And Holder. And Hargis. And Bowlsby. And Emmert… See what I’m getting at…

1 Like