Football Recruiting Thread

We should be #1 in the Big 12 when/if we add JT Thor and possibly that Moncrief guy.

Of course, Greg Brown will put us 4th nationally…

1 Like

Just picked up a transfer from West Virginia. Could definitely help in the trenches!

11 Likes

Transfer portal is being nice to the Cowboys!

2 Likes

Two years means he either has or is expecting a medical redshirt from what I read on him.

We are mining it hard just like we did for grad transfers before the portal. You get guys that are past the glamorous recruiting stage who only care about big names or something flashy. Now these guys know what college football really is and are more receptive to a team like us.

4 Likes

This is huge news! He was an all big 12 second team selection last year. A perfect replacement for Keyes at left guard.

5 Likes

Heh… Gundy misses on recruits and people here are “burn it down, Gundy is the worst”. We land some good recruits through the portal and it’s “the portal sure is being kind to us”.

I am critical of Gundy on recruiting, but I think it’s OK to give him credit for his successes.

9 Likes

Agreed. This is a good pickup and worth celebrating.

6 Likes

Eligible immediately?

Yes he is a grad transfer so immediately eligible, but apparently he either has gotten or is expected to get a medical red-shirt so he can play two years for us.

OSU has to win in this transfer portal deal. Very crucial.

Seems like two big needs have been filled. Would be nice to see a corner and maybe a running back if Chuba goes pro.

6 Likes

Absolutely need a corner. Honestly could use a ready to play receiver as well.

1 Like

He is going to be a difference maker for …Chuba? =)

Justin…freakin’…Shorter. He is an NFL 1st round kind of guy.

If we don’t get him…I think I’m going to cry…

Why didn’t he play his entire career with us!!! Hmmph…

Good pickup, though.

1 Like

Mansfield, TX native… Maybe we could get him to come back closer to home? We were his 4th D1 offer…

5 Likes

I’d bet that they’re on him… apparently we have a couple of resources dedicated to recruiting the portal.

1 Like

I would certainly hope so… he could be huge for us next year

There’s another cornerback from South Carolina available, if I remember correctly. @leecothran and I were geeking out on a lot of these guys 3-4 weeks ago.

I’d take both of them and throw them in right off the bat. SEC experience? Yes please.

If we get those guys…Big 12 championship is looking more like the floor for next year…

2 Likes

Agree!

3 Likes