Football Recruits Senior Season

Nick said all the same stuff and still left us scrambling late. We got Wudtee on signing day

Fair point but, if I recall correctly, Starkel was more of a Myles Price-situation where we pulled his offer after he did…something with A&M. I may be wrong there, but I remember hearing about that through the grapevine.

1 Like

We didn’t pull his offer (apparently), he reopened his recruitment and didn’t put us in his top 4. Something happened for sure (willing to wager), idk how that was his final 4 w/out osu in it

I think Daxx gets some benefit of the doubt because he was playing with no line support and pretty injured towards the end. The stats support your opinion, but I think he gets a slight upgrade due to situation.

That said, they put Mason in and he did pretty good with the same people.

That’s why I have a hard time making that excuse for Daxx. If a true freshman could come in and do great with the same personnel then he should have at least been able to be average. And he was VERay below that. The guy is literally a lunch line for QB play. That being said, I could have told you that when he was in high school. I watched him hit the other team in the face with the ball over 10 times in a game. He looked nice warming up, but he was awful.

That was also later in the season, when the OL had some time to learn from their mistakes.

So we are gonna pretend like Daxx didn’t play the worst teams on the schedule while Mason came in and played 1/3 of the games and attempts with almost half as many yards and did have 1/2 of the TDs scored. Also, stayed away from Daxx’s stellar stat of 1:1 TD/INT ratio. Mason beat OU, and Washington that same year but yea, I’m sure it’s because the OLine improved THAT much in a couple weeks. Wasn’t that under Greg Adkins as well?! Just admit Daxx sucked.

Gosh he sure looks like a Rudolph 2.0. I’m pulling for Spencer but if SI comes in the Spring and goes haam things could get interesting if Spencer doesn’t take the reigns. Exciting times ahead if he sticks around.

1 Like

If Chuba stays, Spence will be the QB. Because we can run a more run-heavy offense.

He’s 11th overall in the 247 composite.

Can we all take a moment and consider how bizarre this would sound to anyone who’s not a regular in The Chamber?

In the latest SP+ rankings, which yes, take into account schedule and pace and turnovers and red zone performance, OSU’s offense ranks 8th in the country. I’m not saying that’s the end of the discussion, but take a stroll through the hundreds of objective sets of power ratings out there and you’ll find that OSU’s offense one of the 15 best in the country according to most of them.

I get it. I too feel like an offense that’s merely top-15 is disappointing. That’s how the last ten years have wired our brains. But can you imagine what the people in Ann Arbor or Tempe or Coral Gables must think about the notion that poor old OSU has no hope?