Football Recruits Senior Season

@Helper had a great idea here: he wanted to create a thread to talk about how OSU commits are doing during their senior seasons. Shane Illingworth, Brennan Presley, Zach Middleton, etc.

This is your place! We do a weekly roundup where I’ll drop in stats I find, but feel free to have at it …

1 Like

You might need to take up residence in Bixby, because Brennan is putting up madden numbers. https://youtu.be/xGI8CvrodKw Also are we in on his brother? Didn’t know

Thanks Kyle. Just figured with all the eyes on local kids somebody might be able to give some first hand knowledge on occasion.

1 Like

OSU isn’t in on his brother, Braylin … yet. He’s just a Class of 2022 recruit (only a sophomore). But OSU definitely will be. He looks like the next big thing at running back in the state.

2 Likes

As good as Henson was, I was a little disappointed to hear how he handled Cade Bennett’s recruitment. He didn’t offer him because he was 1/2 inch too short? Are you kidding? Great article on this by @marshall. Really glad to have Coach Dickey now. Insane how things play out.

3 Likes

Agreed @Helper! That stood out to me, too. I think Henson was a great coach and recruiter, but recruiting using hard-and-fast guidelines like that seems … odd.

1 Like

Presley continues to impress me and be glad for how much I was campaigning for him to get his offer. (I know that has 0% reasoning to do with it) However I really think he’s gonna be SPECIAL! He’s so, so, SO good. I think a lot of schools will regret it, namely the one down south. What say you?

The numbers speak for themselves! He’s awesome. I just hope they find a good place for him to be productive.

Sometimes I wonder about players like him and in recent memory, Tyreek Hill, how they don’t have a great place in OSU’s ‘system’. The OSU system is not tweaked much to maximize the attributes of incredibly dynamic skill position players. That’s very frustrating when you see those players move to the next level and flourish in a system that has been tailored for them.

I think there’s a lot of different factors from now to then. First one being he wont be on a team with the worst QB of the Gundy era (Daxx). Also the line will be much improved as well as having what we hope to be a more creative play caller. I’m just excited for his return potential alone. He and Zach are SO freaking dynamic!

Illingworth and Presley are going to be a stupidly dynamic duo.

5 Likes

Throw in Ngata at tailback (please, please, please) and Polk out wide with Langston Anderson and CJ Moore? Whoa, baby.

2 Likes

Isn’t it crazy that we’re already looking forward to that lineup, when we have one as good, if not better, now? That’s the luxury of getting good offensive players, I guess.

They represent hope. Hope that our offense can get fixed and win games. Hope that the meddling with the playcalling may stop. Hope that SOMETHING may be different in a positive way. Spencer/Chuba/Tylan may be the most talented group we ever have (obviously debate-worthy) but they are not going to win any sort of title. That, to me, is a shame. But Illingworth/Ngata/Anderson-Moore still COULD.

1 Like

Don’t forget Deondrick Glass. I have high hopes for him.

Al Pena isn’t the worst QB of the Gundy era?

No Daxx is. Just my opinion

Mercy.

2 Likes

Just in time for A&M to step in and steal him. Ruin the kid and cause him to transfer out

I get the pessimism (believe me, I do), but he’s stopping taking visits and isn’t listening to other schools - he’s a Cowboy, which is awesome.

1 Like