Former Oklahoma State Basketball Star Keiton Page Promoted to Assistant Coach

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/former-oklahoma-state-basketball-star-keiton-page-promoted-to-assistant-coach/

Page has been on OSU’s staff in a variety of roles since his graduation.

1 Like

I’m sure well deserved, a true Cowboy!

Who is out? Fired or left on their own?

1 Like

Just go ahead and make him the head coach.

I don’t look fondly on the Travis Ford era but those highlights reminded me that we had some amazing talent come through during those years. Markel, Page, Forte, Smart, James Anderson, Nash, Cobbins, Obi, and probably more that I’m forgetting.

2 Likes

For sure and towards the end of his tenure we had Juwan Evans and Jeffrey Carroll who were great players for us. However, those two flourished more once he left but he brought em here. Could always recruit.

1 Like

Why is he “Pawnee Pistol”? Keiton played at Yale his whole HS career…

What? no he didn’t. He was at Pawnee 9-12 when his dad took over at Pawnee HS when Keiton was a freshman. You’re thinking of his brother Brady I think.

1 Like

Okay, guess I was wrong. When he was in HS and I followed him and Rotnei Clark’s results, could’ve swore he was playing at Yale, LOL.

1 Like

lol well it was a long time ago! sorry if I came off like an a**hat in my response. I remember hunting for Page and Clark’s boxscores in the paper after games too. Good times.

1 Like

No worries, glad to be corrected. Those two dudes could light up a scoreboard, wish we could’ve gotten Clark also!

1 Like

Oh definitely I was hoping for both but I know I was happy when he didn’t go to OU at least. haha

1 Like

You were on the right track. When I played at Pawnee I had to play against his brother Brady when they were at Yale and I remember them saying he had a little brother that was better than him. I did not believe it at the time, but obviously it was true! Was glad to see him bring home the gold in Pawnee instead of Yale.

2 Likes

Was Brady pretty good also? I was overseas at the time but don’t remember hearing anything about him.

He is taller. I was shorter back then but I’d say Brady was maybe 5’11", 6’0". He played at Oklahoma Christian and I believe they won at least one national championship while he was there. They played OSU in Stillwater for an exhibition game one year and he held his own.

I think Brady ended in the top 15 all time in scoring at Oklahoma Christian and was a 3rd team AA his senior year so he could play. They didn’t win the national title (made the sweet 16 his Jr and Sr year) but they won the SAC his Jr year.
I think he’s still coaching at Hennessey HS and led them to a few state tourneys.