Former Oklahoma State Wide Receiver John Paul Richardson Commits to TCU

It would take 3 hours to write all the stories I’ve read about what’s going to be run. No one knows the truth. Sanders wanted to come back, Gundy said no, , completely different offense going to be run and doing away with the CBsck… lots of weird people like joy and he doesn’t know squat

1 Like

It really is weird that we change the offense with bowman. I dnt see him under center.

But, it does make since that gundy didnt take sanders back if he missed those practices

1 Like

I think he was doing some back talking too. What the game he threw a hissy on the sidelines on a coach or player ? It’s all rumors except the sideline deal.

1 Like

That was the ou game. I think the coach were getting tied of him not throwing the ball away.
Ive stuck up for sanders, but god its tuff.

1 Like

Yea it is , kid is certainty a gifted athlete, I think his main trouble was reading the field. Stuck with one receiver too long. Never learned that every play wasn’t always a positive one. I like the guy, couldn’t help but

1 Like

Hand bad time in red zone. Couldnt throw it away to save his soul. This last year really was throw the ball at the recievers feet.
I hope biwman is here to give us it all.

1 Like

He beat the wheels off us as a freshman didn’t he ? I don’t know that Rangle is the answer, maybe Flores makes a showing

1 Like

Rangel mite have issues staying health. Im not positive if rangel is better then gundy. I do hope bowman gives us a year to get one of them ready. Hope we get a true center. That would give us a good 2 deep line. Give the young guys we have left to get ready to.

1 Like

Flores is an early enrollee, already on campus. I am with you on hoping that, if he is really good, we don’t waste a year redshirting, as that redshirt year is often spent somewhere else on the other end!!

GO POKES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

We can hope. I don’t think Rangle is ready or if he ever will be. Flores can run , has a strong arm, but I know a true freshman it will be tough. Let’s hope for the best :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I don’t mind taking the lumps with a true ‘talented’ freshman. We will see, but I prefer the experience of a sophomore with a season behind him than the same player as a redshirted freshman. But, each player is unique and that is a generalization, I realize as well.

GO POKETTES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :basketball: :cowboy_hat_face: :softball: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Bowen has trouble staying healthy himself. Don’t know if it’s a pattern with Rangle …yet. This is where I disagree with Gundy , I think Spencer got a little full of his self after the ‘21 season and it carried over this year but he’s a good guy ( not a kid anymore) caused no trouble every year, took a beating with crappy OL , Gundy should have swallowed his ego , sat him down and said this and this no more , plus the ints are killing us. Let him play this year, he’s never played a full one.
Hopefully the OL is better and and Flores and Rangle cld catch up. Just my thoughts on it

2 Likes

The only instance that I know of in Gundy’s tenure of him actually swallowing his ego for the betterment of the program was hiring Holgy with autonomy on playcalling and offensive scheme. Despite the success, Gundy no doubt HATED the taste of credit going elsewhere about offense. Now, detrimental or beneficial to the program seems not to matter as much as avoiding that hit to his ego.

Most recent evidence, keeping Dunn and increasing his oversight of the offense. What a recipe for disaster!! Get ready for aggressive play calling and offense to be in the bottom of Gundy’s wife’s purse along side some loose change and his :football: :football:s. …and apparently Dunn’s :football: :football:s too. Mrs Gundy might need a bigger purse!! jmho…

GO POKETTES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :softball: :cowboy_hat_face: :basketball: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

He certainly didn’t like having to hire Holgey did he, I think that wasn’t just from Holder but T Boone himself telling him to make the hire. Directly I think … lol. Monken was better or as good as Holgey … Both lliked stepping on your throat when they got your down. I wonder if Monken will take another head coaching job again ?
Riley at Clemson is now the hot commodity as far as OC

1 Like

I hate to think that we were actually better off with T Boone’s ‘oversight’ of Gundy, but maybe so!! lol

I don’t think Monken is best suited as a HC, but is a kickass OC.

Riley at Clemson??? I need to catch up on the coaching scuttlebutt! lol

1 Like

Oh I was going on a little but Boone did have Influence in Gundy hiring motel man … lol. As far as Monken he had to hire someone, you can bet Monken knew what was going to be there ! He did a heck of a job with Chelf too
If I’m not mistaken that was the year before Gundy was trying to call both offense and defense wasn’t it ? Year before Holgy came ?

1 Like

Actually, I want you to know that I appreciate the reminder. I had forgotten that Gundy was ‘encouraged’ to hire Holgy. I was giving Gundy too much credit for maturely swallowing his pride!! and realizing that our offense needed some :basketball: :softball: :football:s!!!

I don’t remember Gundy ever trying to call defense. He was sitting on the travel boxes going over offense when the defense was on the field. lol

1 Like

We had the guy who got the hc at north Carolina before dana.

1 Like

Yea and @rmt Gundy was behind the sidelines drawing up offensive when the defense was playing. You are right. @robert28 Fedora was his first OC wasn’t he ? Then when to NCS

2 Likes

Fedora was Gundys first OC. He left and took the Southern Miss job. Then went to UNC. He was never at NCS