Four-Star Edge Rusher Michael Riles Commits to Oklahoma State

Originally published at: Four-Star Edge Rusher Michael Riles Commits to Oklahoma State

Riles picks the Pokes over offers from Florida, Nebraska, Texas A&M and others.

1 Like

Did we used to get recruits during the dog days of summer like this ?

This looks like a great pickup for us !

4 Likes

Yes, because there are a lot camps going on. As well, some kids want to commit and shut their recruiting.
I think we are seeing why Richmond was let go and Randolph was hired.

2 Likes

Hopefully we can finish with a top 25 class for the first time since 2011.

1 Like

This is shaping up to be a really good class. The trick is now to keep it together because there’s a lot of time between now and the first signing day in December. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Somewhat related and I had no idea this was being proposed

1 Like

Yeah that’s kind of a Shame. It would probably only help out smaller schools though .

1 Like

Phil Steele ranked us 20th in 2022

1 Like

Oh yeah summer camps, makes sense .

The Richmond deal was a recruiting
One you think ? It wasn’t covered much I’m still unclear as to what all went on in that decision . Randolph has hit the the ground running it looks like tho .

1 Like

Is Phil Steele 247 or rivals?

Phil Steele uses an average of all the recruiting services including 247, Rivals, ESPN, etc. he puts out the best preseason college football book in the country. Even if you don’t agree with his predictions, his book is packed full of stats. I have bought one every year since 1998.

1 Like

So you agree that he thinks we’re the 15th best team in the country and won’t make the CFP?

I don’t agree with his method of ranking teams. He bases it off raw material recruits and that does not equate to player development or coaching in general.

1 Like

Just 2 4 stars and 14 3 stars. Umm sounds like every year dating back 18 years ago. Nothing to see here🙄.

2 Likes