Future Content

I’m starting to piece together what’s going to end up being a multi-week series on OSU, football and coronavirus. Answering questions like …

• What are the financial implications of not having a season for OSU?
• Can you do football without students?
• What would no fans be like?
• What’s going on with TV money?

My question for you guys: What do you want to know about? What do you want us to research and write about and try to figure out?

2 Likes

For an optimistic take - How does Holder’s unwavering conviction to build new facilities in cash help position OSU to weather this better than schools financing athletic facilities?

Along the same line - Are there any sports that could legitimately be cut or put on pause by OSU? Do new facilities keep sports off the table for cuts/pauses?

8 Likes

The oil futures today have been… Something. How does that impact OSU in relation to other Big 12 institutions and how does that impact the Big 12 as a whole compared to other conferences if we keep seeing that trend?

5 Likes

Had to chuckle at this response to Joel Klatts oil price/CFB tweet earlier…

3 Likes

I’m curious if student athlete benefits are directly tied to revenue. So would this cause stipends or PWO benefits to decrease or be gone entirely? Also, with gear and recruiting being part of the budget will those change? Or is the great guaranteed by nike?

3 Likes

What do you think happens to Homecoming with either no football or spectator free football?

4 Likes

You’ve mentioned before about this whole thing possibly being the end of college as we know it. Maybe expand on that and other ramifications.

3 Likes

Complications of states that may be open vs. states that may be closed longer. For example, what happens in September if Oregon is limiting travel but Oklahoma is open?

5 Likes

I guess don’t go to Oregon… /s

1 Like

Would love to see a breakdown of “under the radar” guys (3 star or less) that have become any kind of all conference or honorable mention for all conference for big 12 teams over the last ten years or so. Seems to be a hot topic that some think gundy finds more “diamond in the rough” guys than other coaches but would be intrigued to see if that is actually true. How many does Gundy hit on vs Other big 12 teams?

1 Like

Glad that was last year. Corvallis was awesome.

1 Like