Game 1 UCA

OK, let’s F’N do this!!! We starting the season with 16 ORs!!

9 Likes

Feels good

LFG

6 Likes

Mike confirmed, we playing multiple QBs.

4 Likes

Glad that he confirmed Rangel will get some run when Bowman has us up by 3 TDs on our first three opponents.

2 Likes

Circling back to 2007/2008 Offense strategy. Wants to do what San Francisco did last year with Brock.

Quarterback play will be based on the running game.

1 Like

I completely forgot that we get Hale back again this year. If he can come close to his old production id love to see that

3 Likes

We’re also starting it by activating the game week thread 10 days early. I love it. :fire:

5 Likes

I think I needed it. :joy:

6 Likes

That wasn’t sarcasm, I think I did too.:joy:

3 Likes

If they’re going to rotate a lot, the depth charts lose their value tbh. Put OR on every position for all I care.

5 Likes

This tells me Gunnar Gundy has looked very good in camp. Coach Gundy is in a tough spot. It just might be a case where his son has looked the best, but you can’t just go that direction when there isn’t a lot of separation.

if Gundy is our best QB we are in serious trouble

6 Likes

When Gundy first mentioned multiple QBs, I somewhat laughed it off. I’m very much at the “Wait, is he serious?” stage right now. Is this going to actually be a thing?

4 Likes

For the first 2 games yes.

2 Likes

Maybe for Central Arkansas. Rangel won’t see a meaningful snap against ASU unless there’s an injury.

2 Likes

I just hope they’re all close in a good way lol, and not who’s the least bad like the end of last year.

5 Likes

I think Alan Bowman starts and sees all the meaningful work unless we get way up or …dare I type it … inju—. As for QB2, I think it comes down to which QB2 limits our turnovers better since there appears to be little QB talent difference (if there was major talent difference, there wouldn’t be a competition right now). But beyond nepotism optics that may impact HCMG playing order, I think Gunnar would actually play a less turnover prone game both because he’s a long time student of the game and because he has better mobility. But, mostly, I hope Bowman does so well it never matters who QB2 is in 2023.

I still think Gunner ends up 3rd string, maybe even 4th. But really all it would take is a mental improvement and he could be pretty good. Even sanders said he was the most polished thrower last season and he’s reported to run a 4.6 40. He just craps his pants any time he gets in the game. Dude needs confidence.

Gundy is the #2 QB?? That is troubling

QB2 is Rangel but he’s not that good. Bowman gets injured then focus on drinking.

3 Likes