Game Thread (Abilene Christian) 🏀

Hoops in between the gridiron madness :heart:

5 Likes

Is this game 1 or another exhibition? Game 1 right?

Game 1

4 Likes

I have YouTube TV is this game on that platform?

ESPN+, everyone might as well invest in a subscription now. 11/18 of our conference games are on ESPN+, compared to 4/18 last year. Don’t like that at all.

4 Likes

it still blows my mind that Abilene Christian is D1…

2 Likes

Blockquote
https://twitter.com/thacoachmike/status/1721528045050134769?s=46&t=Kr-MRGz89gYcOODj5y2zpg

9 Likes

Only caused a minor panic attack that he was leaving.

3 Likes

And been to the tourney a couple times recently. Beat Texas in the tourney a couple years ago.

2 Likes

Let the triggering begin.

https://x.com/osumbb/status/1721611384134549711?s=46&t=obhglWxSKz_tAxhozrCW6Q

3 Likes

Cowgirls wearing it tonight too. Double N7, @TheHeadChimp!

2 Likes

This is more of a general statement about the season but I’ll put it here since I am fired up to begin our run to the Final Four.

We are so young but I feel we are going to overachieve this year in a ridiculously tough conference. Too much talent not to. Coach Mike has learned how to coach and needs to show it this year.

I really hope BT can either improve or plays less minutes. Or just play the one half we know will be good each game.:joy:

Edit - BTW, I am aware this isn’t a new or riveting take.

6 Likes

I’m glad you said it, as I’m overly excited after a single exhibition as well!

1 Like

Connor Dick is going to be a revelation.

9 Likes

it starts and ends with Small/BT/Dailey they are going to have to be good or we will lose to teams in this conference

think our unsung MVP will be JMW, think this year he can play the perfect role for us

3 Likes

Love him in a spot up shooting role for us

4 Likes

with less on ball responsibilities suits him much better in the Big 12

4 Likes

also our depth will be interesting, much more than previous but much younger

3 Likes

Watching the OBU postgame with McBride, Garrison, and Dailey was staggering. When’s the last time we had three guys built like that? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I really hope after the Southern Illinois loss last year kept us out of the tourney, students & fans wont take any games for granted… they ALL count from Game 1 on. Mid Majors have closed the gap on talent level.