Giving Away Books During Coronavirus

Hatchet by Gary Paulsen

I read this book when I was about 12 years old and it was instrumental in my love for reading. It was (still is!) a great book!

3 Likes

So just did a little research and will be adding this to my reading list. I’m a big fan of historical fiction.

Did you read the whole series of books?

Yes, I have read them all. I wasn’t as impressed with Taipan, and King Rat is totally different (WWII Japanese prisoner of war camp). Shogun is a huge book and will keep you entertained for hours.

Ok. I’ll follow up with you in 6 months. :joy:

1 Like

What are some of your favorites?

Oh, a wide variety of things. Love all the original Tom Clancy books (ie all the ones he actually wrote). Daniel Silva’s novels. Also like history, so have read biographies on Washington, Adams, Jefferson and Grant.

This was much harder than I thought - I feel like I could have listed about 10-20 here and felt good about it.

I’ll have to go with Beartown by Fredrik Backman.

2 Likes

So good.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It’s probably not the coolest choice, and one a kid or teenager would pick, but it’s a classic good finally triumphs over evil.

I’m am still new to this “reading for fun” thing… I’ve worked through a few of the classics and maybe the most enjoyable read was The Maltese Falcon.

In terms of recent books, I really enjoyed Outliers - Malcolm Gladwell

1 Like

Dang this is hard to decide but I think I will have to go with The Stand - Stephen King

1 Like

The Divine Conspiracy by Dallas Willard or A prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving.

Shoe Dog - Phil Knight

Glory Road

Wild at Heart really hit me deep. Recently, “Radical Inclusion” has been a go to on leadership.

1 Like

A Town Like Alice- Nevil Shute. Tough choice any of his books are top notch.

Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen) or Harry Potter series (J.K. Rowling) …

Luckiest Man - The life and Death of Lou Gehrig.

1 Like

Pillars of the Earth. Ken Follett

1 Like

Not sure I have an all-time favorite, but here are a few I have enjoyed immensely:

Cemetery of Forgotten Books series by Carlos Ruiz Zafón (chiefly the initial book, Shadow of the Wind)

Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee