Giving Away Books During Coronavirus

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah

I loved the Martian. It was finally something where I could be one of those “The book is better than the movie” people

2 Likes

So many books. Different favorites for different genres. Oh The Places You’ll Go by Dr.Suess. Or for humor’s sake, Go The F*** To Sleep by Adam Mansbach is my favorite to gift first time parents

The Bilbe… I also like The Power of Habit Book by Charles Duhigg

That is so hard to answer. I could agree with many of the book posts above. I would mention one of my recent reads. The Feather Thief by Kirk Wallace Johnson. It was released in 2018.

Just started Chaos. It’s about government involvement with mason family/mk ultra. Oh boy, it’s deep and auther provides sourcing on everything on the book

1 Like

@chaz you’re the winner. Hit me with a DM!

1 Like

I’ve recently gotten back into reading/listening to audio books. I’ve been on a sci-fi kick and here are a few I’ve really enjoyed

Ready Player One - The story line is great. The writing at times is childish but for the love of all that is good, please don’t watch the movie or decide not to read this book because you have watched the movie. Spielberg royally effed up this book.

The Red Rising Saga - I can vouch for the first 3 books and I thought it was wrapped up pretty well. Then of course he wrote 4&5 And I haven’t got to those yet.

The Kingkiller Chronicles: I really enjoyed the first two books but it has taken 10 years now to release his final book. Supposedly to be released in August 2020

2 Likes

Consent to Kill by Vince Flynn. He was a really good writer

The Fellowship of the Ring

1 Like

Congrats @david7 – hit me with a DM, and I’ll send you a book!

The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis

1 Like

Just started Chaos, a conspiracy theorist dream book. It’s insane

wish you well by Baldacci

Pilgrim’s Progress by ol Bunyan is an all time favorite.

Recent favorite: The Mastermind by Evan Ratliff

One in a Million Boy by Monica Wood. A surprising story of friendship, family and loss.

I like books. Suspense, crime and mystery…think Baldacci.

Hatchet by Gary Paulsen

1 Like

Currently reading BoomTown, which I missed in the PFB book group, and I’m really enjoying. I didn’t follow the NBA very closely when I lived in OK, but the book takes a perspective of the Thunder and OKC that I think is valuable and unique.

Just finished it as well. I enjoyed it.

1 Like