Gleeson Fan Club

Have a friend who’s a huge Notre Dame fan, and she told me last night Gleeson’s the top choice for ND right now to replace their OC.

Well hopefully he gets to call his own plays there…

That’s absolutely absurd. He was OC at Princeton, okay. OC for an 8-4(?) OSU team and supposedly didn’t get to call his own plays. Now he is a favorite for one of the most coveted jobs in college sports? Is this real life?

You don’t understand I don’t think. He was the #1 choice for a lot of FBS Div 1 teams last season. He did not get to call his own plays throughout the season. Did you watch Game 1 against Oregon State? The play calling was totally different from that game through the rest of the season. If I was him I would be gone, when you handcuffed into calling Gundy’s playbook it sucks.

It’s hilarious to me how little some of you know about playcalling in modern football.

Also a lot of y’all have torn up your necks sticking your head through barbed wire to get to that “greener grass.”

2 Likes

If that allows Monken to return that would be great. I like Gleeson and felt once he got some D1 experience he would have opportunities.

I get that and agree that the play calling was totally different. There is just a really big gap between “the OC choice for many D1 programs” and “HC for one of the bluest of blue blood programs.”

The fact that he only seemed to be in charge of play calling for one game further supports my point. At the top-25ish level, where OSU resides (most years), his body of work is one game.

I think he is really talented, it’s just a huge leap.

It’s OC not HC… Notre Dame still has Kelly as the HC.

1 Like

That’s what I get for not following football outside of OSU… going back to my beer.

I’ve been thinking HC the whole time, hence why I was sitting thinking everybody is friggin out of their dang minds.

2 Likes