Good News Thread

So before all this only 1 of our kids could ride a bike without training wheels. As of today three can! Only one more to go.

10 Likes

Kitteh update! Eyes are open, and they are starting to do a little adventuring.

9 Likes

We have gotten so many little projects done inside and outside the house! My husband has turned into Tim “The Tool Man” Taylor, without the grunting and the TV show. Who knew all he needed was a few weeks at home to get the honey-do list done? He’s been amazing, and our house is getting spruced up!

3 Likes

L’s science lesson plan for the week had a “pick a project" sheet. She selected the Science Experiment option and said she wanted to do a cooking experiment.

So we looked some up with the sixth grade label and chose to observe the sugar caramelization process. We used just water and white sugar to minimize other chemical factors that occur in the process of making candy.

She had lots of fun. The end result was like a burned hard candy…but that was sort of the idea…to see what happens at each temperature! She did a project video report on her iPad, which excludes me from sharing here, but trust me it was very good!

5 Likes

At first glance, without context…that picture is a bit disturbing… :joy:

2 Likes

Not gonna lie…it made me think of Jessie’s dead girlfriend in Breaking Bad, haha.

2 Likes

Oh great. I just started watching Breaking Bad yesterday and already a spoiler!

1 Like

Oooooops…sorry.

1 Like

Gary, it’s ok to tell us how you feel.

yDChhXhGE6Ma4

3 Likes

Buckle up brother, it’s intense. I’m like halfway through season 3 and it’s just stressful. But in a good way?

2 Likes

:rofl: no worries. I think we’re way past the statute of limitations.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen Breaking Bad. Sorry our syrup experiment looks like baking drugs. Or is it cooking meth instead of baking? IDK, I’m old.

:rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like
4 Likes

I thought of the Dear Evan Hansen song. :laughing: This might get me run off the forum. But it’s pretty funny.

ETA: My girls love musicals. Love them, huge theater kids. Were in a community theater production at Christmas time. But they are 10 and 12. They started listening to Hamilton on Pandora and got introduced to Dear Evan Hansen on that. They played the soundtrack for me and I was like “Dear Lord what are you listening to? Ack! What did he just say???” Then I got over it.

1 Like

From my limited knowledge gathered on meth (Breaking Bad), the good stuff is blue, so she might need to look at tweaking the recipe.

4 Likes

1 Like

Kitty update: They have now been introduced to grass. They are becoming more active. Send halp.
IMG_20200423_190640

6 Likes

What’s your plan for them?

A family in the greater Houston area will be interested. We’ll keep them until they find good homes.

1 Like

Those are really good pictures.