Grades: OSU Gets Another Ugly Report Card in Loss to Kansas

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/grades-osu-gets-another-ugly-report-card-in-loss-to-kansas/

Things are not pretty.

More Fs in all phases of the game.

1 Like

No grade necessary. The defense has been suspended for the year.

3 Likes

Well at least we are bowl eligible so the team gets those extra practices in . It’s disappointing how this season is shaking out but that’s the way it goes .

2 Likes

I’m actually going to give Rangel a B-. Getting your first start as a true freshman on the road, coming off of a 48-0 loss, playing for one of the winningest QBs in the history of the program, with no run game and an atrocious O Line, not to mention a defense that doesn’t want to play football, and an OC who schemes 20+ yard passes into double coverage to receivers who refuse to catch the easy balls.

Yeah, actually Rangel gets an A-.

3 Likes

That’s the way next will go and the next and the next. Gundy will never be a championship coach. His ceiling is this. His recruiting isn’t good enough and his unwillingness to change is as consistent as his big twelve championship winning. The future looks bleak with what we saw. New blood please!!!

Agree, and it is hard to recruit top players that do not want to get embarrassed by losing to inferior teams and will never be able to complete for titles or major bowls because the coach is apathetic, saying I get my butt kicked all the time and let’s not focus on coaching deficiencies but instead just look forward to next Saturday. A losing culture is never good for recruiting.

1 Like

Screw those Kansas fans with that sign. Pokes are decimated by injuries. We were legitimately #7 without them. I for one am proud of those youngsters doing their best without sufficient practice reps. I do hope our coaching staff watched as TCU, KSU and KU ran up the score on us. If we had done that we could have sat the guys and given reps to the youngsters. Run up the score the first half, sit the horses 2nd half as appropriate.

3 Likes

Was our goose cooked when we got a bye week before conference play? We were the only Big 12 team that didn’t play on 9/24. Am I grasping at straws, probably….

1 Like

So Gundy averaging 8.5 wins a season is a losing culture. That’s throwing the first year and and 6-6 season in there. ? I know a lot of schools that would love to average that

1 Like

@Burleson Yes I was wondering the same thing myself. That early bye week may have been a factor in this teams demise.

1 Like

Knowing that is the best we are ever going to get for $7.5 mil per year is a losing culture. A coach that is perfectly fine with never winning a conference title is a losing culture. We are pumping money into the program and we can’t finish on top more than once in 17 years? That’s a losing culture.

Our goose was cooked the second we kicked off in the first game. Our horrible non-conference schedule didn’t prepare us for anything. We had no idea how bad we were until we played a real team.

So you’ve spoken to Gundy? You have inside info that he’s content not winning a conference title? Wow - that’s breaking news…cuz the Gundy most of us see all the time and the guy I’ve known since we were in high school is ridiculously competitive and has an ego that hates losing. But, you know…thanks for your “insider” hot take…smh…

2 Likes

mega eye roll

We don’t care if you know him or not. He is obviously not capable of winning another conference title. Tell him we all want to know when he is retiring so we can start in another direction. We may not even win another game this season. Gundy needs to go. We are tired of being out coached every single year. He sucks. I used to love the guy. Now I wouldn’t let him coach an intramural team.

1 Like

And I never said a word about being an “insider”. tard.

So watched the Gundy presser today and came away with a little data. Gundy mentioned that the chips installed on each player indicated that their speed was down during the Kansas game. That promotes my belief that the D, maybe the O as well, has lost their legs via the grind that started with 100+ plays against Texas Tech. Couple that with all the injuries and new players playing and what we got going on makes some sense. Coaches need to try and adjust to this fact as there isn’t much of a choice at this point.

2 Likes

Careful with your logical takes. @Clint_in_Idaho might accuse you of being an “insider”.

Whoa…relax. The above quote is what YOU said. You seem to have an inside track on things. Or else…you’re making a gigantically uninformed statement. You did say Gundy is “fine with never winning a conference title”…right? You also say we’re “outcoached every single year.” Hmmm…last season was pretty impressive. The man is in discussion for COY every few years. I assume you know what you’re talking about, even apparently beyond national sportswriters and anchors. If not, you’re just another message board spouter…surely that’s not what YOU are…

2 Likes

No, see…what he said was logical - yes. But, backed up by evidence and sense. He wasn’t just spewing “know-it-all fan” nonsense. I have zero issue with logical takes…

3 Likes