Grades: OSU Gets Multiple 'F's' on Report Card After No-Show vs. Kansas State

Originally published at: Grades: OSU Gets Multiple 'F's' on Report Card After No-Show vs. Kansas State | Pistols Firing

OSU did not get passing grades this week.

F’s in all phases.

2 Likes

F’s in every phase … we just didn’t show up :thinking:
That’s on Gundy, I’m still with Gundy it just happens. Whether it’s his fault., he has two assistants that should take some blame

5 Likes

Well everyone needs to take some blame, players and coaches. There certainly is plenty of it to go around

5 Likes

Why does it seem like you can predict exactly when Oklahoma state is gonna run?

1 Like

"Nah, Spencer wanted to play, wanted to compete," Gundy said. "He has the right to do that, and so until then we let him fight."-HCMG

A big capital F… followed by a small ‘u’ for assigning players rights to justify the boneheadedness of leaving Sanders in the game. jmho…

GO POKES!!! :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

In my unsolicited opinion, it is because we stubbornly want to establish the run game, something that is NOT our strong suit. Offensively, I have always believed, ala Leach at times, that you establish what you excel at… with consideration of what the defensive is giving… then go to what you are less proficient, once the defense adjusts to stopping you. Establish the run to set up play action passing, when you are not a good passing team. Establish the pass to set up draws and running, when you are not a good runnning team.

I do not believe that I saw a screen play most of the day vs KState. I admittedly didn’t see every play…

Time for gundy to man up and walk away in order for osu to get to get to the next level. It’s not time for change in the assistant coaches or any other staff members. Changing assistant coaches is not going to change anything because gundy just uses them as pawns and makes them run his system.

1 Like

Gundy has taken us as far as he can take us. Desperately need new blood. I mean is our administration and fans scared to lose acouple more games during the year with a new coach? No difference in 5 loses and 2 because we still go to a crappy bowl game that means nothing. We see all these new coaches come into the big 12 and have as many championships has Gundy in his 18. Buck up gundy and do the right thing! Gunner gundy is not the future for the next 4 years.

1 Like

Too me our Entire Coaching staff and wide receivers have all -F’s. Could had made a huge difference in the first with a few more caught passes. re-watched the game including the last half I turned off. I have never seen so many touchdowns on 3rd and longs. I really think Jackson should start at RB. Coaches probably know more than me though. Last week with Texas we spreaded the field in 5-wide and other formations then turned sanders lose to score but this week we were so predictable at times. I hope some lessons was learned, I really wanted a big 12 championship this year or too be back in it. Still a chance but shot ourselves badly. I understand stand injuries but geeze take some chances and make better due.

2 Likes

I really like that Jackson kid from A&M the way he runs looks like a SEC RB does. I don’t think our o’line problems will he solved this year. I didn’t see much option read with Sanders or true RPO. Looked like a basic spread offensive game plan. I got a chance to really re watch the game. I think I’m more angry today than Saturday.

1 Like

Another bad coaching decision by Gumby.

@firegumby I would agree with you on this one. They have been trying to get the run game going all season. Now they did ok against Texas I guess but overall it’s been subpar and I have no confidence in the coaches finding a fix this late in the season. This is likely due to the OL and the problems there have gone on that for what seems forever.

1 Like