Great game

1.) Running game looked good. Last week CMU wanted to stop the run so we threw. This week ASU was trying to take away the pass, so we ran it on them. Ollie keeps showing flashes. He’s going to be good, but Dom looked strong.
2.) Sanders played great. Where’s @firegumby to tell us he sucks?
3.) Defensive line stood up like we thought they would last week, but we didn’t go as uptempo this time. Gave them time to rest today. Defense isn’t going to be the worldbeater they were, but they were stout as the game wore on.

Really well-balanced game. Slowish start. Calls went our way. The one pick looked bad. Overall, though, not much to dislike about it.

1 Like

On your first point we just got lucky we passed more against cmu and ran more today

Had nothing to do with dunn and game planing

1 Like

We kinda had to run it more with the weather though .

Lot of dropped passes and errant snaps .

2 Likes

I still say have JP in the slot some plays, try getting him the ball more. I would like to see young Presley in space some… kid is quick

1 Like

He was mouthing during the first half how bad we sucked. He disappeared somehow :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Oh, I saw him. Just laying in wait to tell everyone how right he was to be a hater instead of rooting for his squad to do better and pull out of the funk and then, instead of cheering when they do, slinking off to stew about it… what kind of existence is that?

2 Likes

It’s good to have an embarrassment of riches. Only one ball, though. I do like JP and I thought last year that he might end up being one of those impact guys coming into this year. He’ll get a nice highlight reel together when it’s all said and done.

3 Likes

Yea you’re right, only so many balls to go around and so many good receivers !! I hope they don’t but we could lose one or two by the years end… I hope they all stay healthy
Gumball was with his crew this morning, had backup :joy::joy:

1 Like

@michael13 @jake4 Johnson scares me. He is becoming the next martin. Got to gethim to catch those easy passes. He is well over 4 passes to his numbers with no defenders hanging on him.
I guess the Anderson experience is over

1 Like

Anderson is a puzzle to me, he’s been around long enough to know routes. Owens hasn’t had much playing time. The true freshman hasn’t had many reps. Green will be all right

1 Like

I really like owens he seems to just be there when we did him

1 Like

I hope when we get the TE Green gets back he gives us other options.

2 Likes

I thought we did a good job spreading the ball around. We don’t have to have that one dominant Z-receiver, though that’s pretty much how the offense has been since Rashaun Woods with the exception of maybe the year Josh Stewart was the lead receiver. I liked the screen passes we were running with the backs. Liked how much the slot guys have been getting catches.

2 Likes

Thats why johnson has to catch those balls. As the z guy he is more effective decoy if has a ton of yards. Plays like the flea flicker and sceens are more effective. When that safty goes on the z it makes some open in zone. Or makes the screen open on man. Mite switch jp out every once in a while. I know the future is the top recruit. Johnson just needs to catch those balls.

2 Likes