Gundy Discusses Philosophy on Staff Changes for Oklahoma State

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/gundy-discusses-philosophy-on-staff-changes-for-oklahoma-state/

‘I believe that the coaches that I hire, that I’m responsible for them performing and putting us in a position to have success.’

1 Like

Yea I listened to the press interview and I don’t know what to think. Including Gundy getting a f&^k up eye from his cows. Could have been easily from something else like tripping over pave stones after too much jack and coke, who the heck knows. I guess we will see what the result of the by week is this Friday. Go Pokes!!!

Marshall: you have a typo in this article. You stated OSU averages 309.2, when actually it’s 390.2.

I actually appreciate his responses. As much as I would love a mid season change, does the good out weigh the bad of making a change mid season. I have a feeling we are going to get stomped at BYU. If we do, bad couldn’t outweigh the good. Especially if our schemes are still the reason why we are so bad this year.

2 Likes

Yea other than the eye caused by the Jack and Coke, not believing that the cows did it, Gundy made a lot of sense about going forward

1 Like

Sounds like Gundy’s on top of it. I feel better now.

2 Likes

Leach would fire one right after a game !! lol

2 Likes

This team is gonna get stomped out for the remaining six games. Don’t even bother watching.

1 Like

I’m going to watch , I’m not a fair weather fan The game I want to watch is Baylor and it’s on plus …. Don’t know if I have enough WiFi to watch

1 Like

It is time for Gundy to CHANGE the way he thinks… Hiring coaches from Dlll is the very epitome of taking coaching hires LIGHTLY!! Committment to old ‘friends’ is the epitome of taking coaching positions lightly. Either the coordinators change, or the HC needs to be changed. jmho

2 Likes

Yea friends shouldn’t come in the way of your livelihood. Gundys ego is unmatched, it’s worked for us and against us Twenty years in one place is a long time , even your Alma mater

1 Like

I could not agree more. For the Gundy haters, he does deserve his due. For the Gundy lovers, he does have more than his share of faults as a coach. Thus, your comment of his ego working for us and against us is spot on.

I am still mad about him going into a shell offensively and blowing big leads on Texas in the mid 2000s!! You do NOT start playing the clock game for the entire second half!! …and he did it two or three years in a row!! Blamed the collapse on ‘depth’ every time, too. He was right in a way. The depth of his courage and his testicular fortitude cost us those games. But, we also ‘owned’ Texas in Austin for a time too since. So, the Gundy roller coaster ride continues, I just don’t see another ascent in the future with the changing landscape of college football. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry about his comments. He just isn’t a good coach anymore.

I think Gundy knows it’s time to fix it. I didn’t want Bowman coming back this year. We should have a qb ready from last year. Course Zane being out maybe Bowmen coming back was okay. I guess Rangle is starting tonight. Unless he’s made a big big jump I don’t think he’s the answer. OL has been really disappointing
I think after he opened it up against the goons Masons last year he decided he couldn’t ouf score everyone. Going against a heisman trophy winner. We opened up that night. Just hated the play calling thd last series

1 Like

I feel the same about our QBs. Rangel was having the game of his life last night, so hated seeing him get hurt, but that style of qb play lends itself to lots of injury. That being said, he is what he is, no more, no less. Bowman is a good veteran backup in NFL terms, but not with NFL level back up skills. Just saying that he too is what he is for a college roster. Either of them the starter, then the ceiling is low, unless we win fluke games like we did repeatedly last year.

I will say only this about the BYU game, after watching til almost 1 a.m. We did look like we had COACHES. Maybe not great coaches, but they had been coached during the bye week. For every lineman to hit the dirt at the snap in a prone position, only to get up and lead Bowman down the sideline on the throwback, some coaches actually had to get involved!!

I do fear that it will get worse before it gets better. We played an exceptional game, for what and who we are this year, and still a loss. I cannot understand why Nardo is even still employed. Every game it seems that massive half time adjustments are needed to get up to mediocre defense for the second half. Our tackling is abysmal at worst, comedic at best.

One bright spot. The Wright City running back, Fields. I look forward to following his career, I just doubt it will be at OSU that long in this day and age. That guy has some underrated ability, I think. GO POKES!!

1 Like

I did see some guys playing some that hadn’t been playing that much. I thought a lot played well , I have been wanting to see Fields all year just to see what he had. He looked good !! Someone said another Justus ?
Agreed on tackling, absolutely horrible. Nardo doesn’t have it. Drive the length of the dam field with 1:13 left and time left We have no pass rush , didn’t blitz him on the 4th down run
Bowman should havd never been allowed to come back He had a little success last year and thought he would be a hero this year

1 Like