Gundy Tells ESPN, 'I Was a Dumbass' Regarding OAN T-Shirt

Mike Gundy needs to go and Kasey Dunn needs to take over. Mike’s crossed a bridge too far. I’m glad he apologized but in reading the article about the Colorado game of '98 Mike threw their players under the bus with his defense and trying to blame them for starting it when in fact they didn’t. Very poor character quality. Mike might be a racist. Mike might not be a racist. Mike might be a contrite racist. I don’t know and don’t care. But I do care that he threw those innocent players under the bus to protect his hide. He is going to have a very hard time for several years in recruiting. When I add up the total sum of his baffoonery at times, his blatant promotion over the last two years of the far right during press conferences like the Covid fiasco culminating in the OAN t-shirt incident and basically being an island of one in declaring he knew best when to bring the kids back despite the fact the university, Big 12, NCAA and every other coach in America disagreed evidenced by the cricket sounds from said coaches and now the reminder of the past racial language and throwing the Colorado players under the bus I cannot support him as coach. Casey Dunn could much better lead this team and heal the divisions. He’s prepared, relates well to the players and is a coach that can walk into any African American home and be welcomed and carry the pride of representing all the university…not just a segment of it. Casey Dunn can build a bridge to the future for OSU. A much brighter one.

1 Like

Wow.

Please elaborate?

Just very well said, although I don’t know that I agree with the idea that Gundy needs to go.

I preface this by saying I’m not sure he needs to go and being a former player of his it’s very hard for me to see this happening. But, if this was to be the time, is there a better team to hand the reigns over too since … 2011? The biggest key when bob stoops handed the keys to Lincoln was he gave him a program bouncing back from a bit of a sub par (by Ou standards) run. If coach Dunn is to be that guy there might not be a better opportunity to use this as a spring board to get this university over the hump

3 Likes

Thanks Kyle, backatchu! I always enjoy your stuff, usually agree and feel like you deserve a big Bravo! for the way you’ve covered this mess and couldn’t agree more with what you’ve had to say. Keep up the good work my friend!