Has Spencer Sanders Already Played His Last Game at OSU?

Gundy’s remarks post game concerning Sanders might actually lend credence to the rumor of Sanders letting them know he plans to hit the portal… and Gundy benching him. :thinking: :crazy_face: No matter the semantics, it works out the same so doesn’t really matter.

OU has a major prospect coming in, they don’t need Sanders who is an upgrade from Rattler in my eyes, but still a turnover machine and erratic. Good luck and Godspeed to Spencer in his life after oSu. Thanks for the good times. (It has been like being married to a very sensual woman who is terrible with money!! Not sure the good outweighed the bad… jmho) At my age, it doesn’t!! lol

GO POKES!!! :cowboy_hat_face: :softball: :cowboy_hat_face: :softball: :cowboy_hat_face:

Hang on, I never said he had a high draft stock. I’m simply saying his stock is more likely to go down. You kind of just said the same thing. He was responsible for 84 plays in Bedlam. That’s a ton of usage. He would likely he carrying the same workload next year. So again……if you’re a guy that’s been injury prone……why come back?!?!

I agree. He’s also been injury prone throughout his entire career. At some point you have to start breaking in a new guy and roll with him. You also need to desperately find him a halfway competent OL and running game to relieve some pressure at times. Everything I’ve stated here is exactly what Gundybhas said in the past.

Who said anything about him going to a top notch program?

Williams by far dude lol. Did you really just ask that question?

Sounds like Sanders is gone. He posted a cryptic message on Instagram. I heard some sources say there’s some rift between him, the doctors, coaches and his parents are involved in it. Possibly Ollie Gordon and Oliver might hit the portal. Hope not. There must be something going on internally.

1 Like

I think it is if he plays under a different OC and a solid line. This style of offense we are running isn’t a true RPO or even option read offense.

My point is that Sanders would never be a 4 year starter without Mike Gundy being stubbornly consistent. He may transfer somewhere, but it will not be as good as program as OSU.

1 Like

My point is that one constant excuse for Sanders’s poor and inconsistent play is that his line is no good. His line is no worse than USC’s and look at Williams. If you take out the OU game, the OSU line allowed very few sacks for the year. Even with OU it’s about even with USC. You can’t blame the OL or OC (even though both struggled–and both coaches need to go) for his poor throws and reads.

Where do you put OSU overall as a program? You say he won’t transfer to a better program. Give me a few programs you feel are similar? A few you feel are lesser programs than OSU? A few you feel are better programs than OSU?

What are you using to come to the conclusion that OSU & USC have similar offensive lines? What makes you say that?

I wouldn’t be so sure. Word is it might maybe Alabama, just heard a few minutes ago. I’m not joking or speaking out my you know what.

If so, I hope he lights up the SEC.

Maybe so, but I would like to have a running game too. We’ve pretty much proven without Sanders running ability that we consistently don’t have one. I’m afraid we’re going to see an exodus of some good players we’ll need next season, and we have no contingency plan of replacing them.

1 Like

Our other QBs didn’t farewell when he did miss games. You can win football games with a average QB if the line is good. We had 4 QBs that got their world lit up the past few seasons. I’ve been to some spring games/practice a few years ago where I could sit really super close to watch the guys play. Sanders didnt play that year but I watched Corn Dog throw the ball and believe me he was the only one that could hit the broadside of the barn. Then I’ve seen Sanders throw ball in person and believe me when I tell you same thing. Corn Dog had a better line, I think Henson was the OL coach. We won games, too bad the defense wasn’t like last year we probably would had got more wins that season. We’ll probably never know what Sanders could really do with a line like. Hopefully Gundy softens up on the portal and gets some guys that can come in and block right away if we don’t make any coaching changes or Rangel and Gundy Jr will be facing the same issues trying to get bowl eligible.

2 Likes