Hire Bill Self Thread

I mean…. If there was ever a time he’d think about leaving KU, it’s now……

3 Likes

Thanks, but no thanks.

I’d do it in a heartbeat

8 Likes

why would now be the time to leave KU

1 Like

Why? He’s dirty and you know it. If he gets busted at OSU for doing what he did at Kansas, we won’t ever have a program. The NCAA will bury us to China. Just because bringing Eddie home worked doesn’t mean it will for Bill. And that’s what too many people are banking on. If we are dead set on bringing someone home, make it Doug.

Because the best time to leave KU was yesterday, but the second best time is today.

7 Likes

I don’t really care that he’s dirty, I just wanna be good at basketball. Plus the NCAA has been so thoroughly neutered after the blowback from screwing us and NIL that there’s not a thing they could do about it.

9 Likes

Because he’s from Edmond and his moms still around.

But he’s got a gundy type contract, 5yr rolling and this year he pulled 13m. So if he comes it’s because he wants to and it’s not about the money. Not to be a downer but I doubt it.

Counterpoint, if he comes I may get a bill tattoo or start going by bill instead of will.

5 Likes

Guys, you don’t leave Kansas for Oklahoma State.

10 Likes

Don’t discount the emerald city like that

1 Like

Subscribe

3 Likes

He almost did in 2008 but they won the title.

2 Likes

The NCAA is going to be irrelevant in two three years the way things are going. We learned not to comply that year. No one but us got sanctions

I’ve been saying it in every post, at least give it a shot at Self. He would be an instant draw at the gate He’s teaches fundamentals and discipline
If Bill was hired it’s a cinch we keep all our freshmen and pick up good NIL kids

4 Likes

You might if you already have more money than you can spend and revive your Alma mater
An instant Eddie
:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

No make it John Lucas III with Brian Montanati. Please?

1 Like

You mean Lucas? :joy:

3 Likes

If I could build my dream staff it would be something like…

HC: JLIII
Associate HC: Jai Lucas
Assistants: Gottlieb and Montonati

It’s won’t happen but it would be awesome if it did. No better way to get the grit of the Sutton teams back than to make his guys coaches. Recruits would be lining up at the doors of GIA.

4 Likes

If and but and almost…that was 16 years, 4 Final Fours and 2 national titles ago.

1 Like

Yes, sorry. I didn’t mean to type that. Too much political TikTok? :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t disagree but Roy Williams…