How Old Are You

Boxes and boxes of them in the 70s. You had to submit the card deck, wait for the printout, figure out what instruction/card was wrong, re-punch, then resubmit. Rinse, repeat. Lots of all-nighters in the computer lab.

2 Likes

Can we just turn this into an “about me” thread?

I’m Dylan, 28
Married
6 year old daughter
Lifelong OSU fan, attended freshman year then transferred and finished at Oklahoma Baptist.
I work at Tinker AFB for the DoD

Y’all have basically been my only non-family consistent communication for the last few months while working at home so I figured I would officially introduce myself!

15 Likes

Turned 52 this past February 14. Graduated from OSU in 1990

2 Likes

OMG :joy: :joy: :joy:

That’s sounds okay, but you haven’t had real fun until you break someone’s slide rule with your abacus. That’s hilarious right there.

4 Likes

Turn 45 this year. Lived on Stillwater from 1975 through 1989. Dad taught at OSU

5 Likes

34 yrs
Graduated ‘09
Degree: Fire Protection & Safety
Grew up: Purcell, OK
Live in: Conway, AR

4 Likes

Must’ve been very dark, for 14 years, if you lived on it… :thinking:

When I was a kid my family missed a connecting flight so we spent an entire day on Dallas. Then we spent a week on Hawaii. I was on heaven.

3 Likes

Well, I did most of my computer studies my freshman year at a school a little further south on I-35. I ended up majoring in Political Science, and had some other computer classes when I began my MBA at Stillwater. So, I don’t remember many of the faculty in compsci.l

@kyleporterCBS - we really, really need more options than just a ‘like/heart’ button, specifically a ‘rolling eyes’ button.

6 Likes

I just turned 40. I never attended the university (gasps). I was a fan since I was 7 in an all OU household. In lieu of going to OSU I served in the US Navy and was deployed during the second Iraq war. I watched the basketball game vs St Joes in the middle of absolute darkness in the Persian gulf. I can’t say I am one of y’all, but just am a fanatic from afar.

38 Likes

You literally fit the definition of the typical OU fan, yet you’re not. Takes a lot of moxie to willingly endure our pain. I’m ok with making you a part of the extended family. Of course, it has to be put up for a vote.

4 Likes

Thank you for your service.

8 Likes

Thank you for your service. Proud to have you as a Cowboy fan.

6 Likes

Non sibi sed patriae. Thanks for your service my friend. Deployment aboard a naval ship is only slightly better than being an OSU fan :joy:

7 Likes

We need more of you

4 Likes

I’m thirty-one, aka thirty-fun

4 Likes

It’s not every day that OSU gets the “fans who didn’t go there” crowd! :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

3 Likes

Langston?

1 Like