Instacap: Cowboys' Comeback Just Short, OSU Falls to TCU 77-73

We don’t really have much of an offensive threat in the post. I don’t care what anyone says. You need someone on the inside that can be a 12 points and 8-10 rebounds type of guy at least on the offensive side, but it has to be consistent. Ivan McFarlin was a perfect example. He didn’t score a ton of points but was consistent enough in what he did on the block to make the defender respect him.

That would do wonders in making sure someone can get a better opportunity of getting a decent shot off (Thompson or Walker). Look at how many close games this team has lost. They could easily be a 17-6 team right now if not for the terrible scoring inconsistencies and lack of free throw shooting.

When you go and get seven players from the portal (including two starters from other teams) I would imagine it does do wonders.

Yes. I want to wait until after next season as well. The guy has lost a ton of close games with several young players, and the Big 12 is probably the most talented basketball conference top to bottom right now. Not trying to make excuses for the guy. Just don’t think very many people are looking at the circumstances either.

1 Like

Completely agree and the conference won’t get any easier for the foreseeable future. I think it’s worth mentioning that we’d likely be starting over if we fire Boynton. He’s such a players coach and a lot of our guys have multiple years of eligibility that I think a bunch of the rotation players would transfer out if we fire him after the season. It would be interesting to see how the new AD does picking a basketball coach though.

1 Like

I will start with a positive. I can say in the last 4 or 5 games I have seen things that looks like an offense.

Alot of people talk about the inconsistent play of the players. What is the common factor the coach.

How does boone play 20 minutes on Sat. And 4 on Tuesday.
We’re getting killed on the boards and boone is not out there.