Instant Recap: Oklahoma State Ends Winning Streak With 45-3 Loss to UCF

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/instant-recap-oklahoma-state-ends-winning-streak-with-45-3-loss-to-ucf/

The Cowboys hadn’t lost since September.

1 Like

Pokes weren’t ready to play and UCF was. Complete failure all around. Time to recoup and get ready for Houston.

3 Likes

Embarrassing effort from everyone involved, coaches, players, equipment staff. Just pathetic.

3 Likes

Regroup and get to Arlington. Extremely disappointing effort but everything’s still in front of us.

1 Like

I’m back. I had to get out my house and had to take some medicine to calm me down. We probably weren’t going to win the game after half time but “why in the heck!” did we not put Gunnar or Rangel in to start the half?! At this point there is nothing more valuable than getting these QBs ready to make a big run next season. Nothing more valuable than experience. I’ve never coached or played at the college level but geeze let the young guys get more game experience.

1 Like

Hoping hard that Texas and OU lose. So far TCU is alright.

Shades of last year - the big win over Texas followed by the terrible loss to K-State. Team put so much into beating OU. Terrible play calling though by the OC and DC, kudos to UCF for a great game plan.

1 Like

I don’t know what Dunn could’ve done differently, we turned the ball over 4 times and 3 times in UCF territory. Defense was terrible today.

2 Likes

As long as we win out we should still be fine. Just a very embarrassing game. Hopefully we refocus and have that hunger we had going into Bedlam.

1 Like

We got to see what a really good head coach can do. Yesterday I posted that every opponent knows our plays and therefore UCF is going to stop Ollie and Bowman is gonna have to pass. But Bowman is not a very accurate passer. Our O line is not great. Our secondary gives up big plays. Our play caller leaves a lot to be desired.
So UCF coaches figured out how to take advantage of all those weaknesses.
If we win the next two games, we would be the worst 9-3 college team I have ever seen. And I have been watching football since the 1950’s.
I expect we will not be ranked this coming week.
Can’t move the ball against the 4th worse rush defense in college. Yikes!
ISU is not beating Texas or KSU. But can OSU beat Houston or BYU? After today, who knows?
Does Ollie transfer to a team with an O-line so he can have a chance for the Heisman? Our guys looked physically burned out. I would not have kept Ollie in the game after an obvious injury. Nixon looked good.

2 Likes

No frickin doubt about that embarrassing part. I love Ollie Gordon but we really need a mobile QB running what Kansas runs. We can still pound the ball too. We need an athletic QB that can run to help take the run game off of an Ollie Gordon. We got great wide receivers but definitely helps to have that particular QB playing aspect to help the run game and get LBs/corners off their game. QB is really my only concern this whole season and going into next season.

That’s why I thought the season would be a wash when we heard that Sanders entered the portal. Not sure about Nardo. Even with a running QB, we would still need a good O-line. Can Flores run? With Sanders we would be 10-0.
I continue to blame Gundy for selecting Bowman from the portal. Better to have picked up the QB who was throwing to Leon Johnson.

At least anticipate that they were going to do everything possible to stop Ollie. How many runs up the middle did we have that Ollie got 1-2 yards? And with Brooks gone, possibly for the season - is that the play you want?

That answers someone’s question as to what Dunn could have done differently. Something other than Ollie up the middle.

Little too dismal and negative. These young men can, an I believe WILL, respond and rebound…and win out heading to Arlington!!
GO POKES!

Please…we had Sanders last year, recall? If you can’t recall, he was the one throwing a bunch of picks and is riding the pine in Oxford now…

These coaches are not good enough to prepare for a big game and coming up with one a week later. We see this every time they have one.

1 Like

Even if we get to Arlington it’s not going to matter. Gundy doesn’t win championships. We can’t even score a touchdown against a 4-5 team that hasn’t even won a true Big 12 game yet.

No one was ready for this. Better get ready for houston