Is Mike Gundy a Top-15 Coach in College Football Right Now?

Power 5 Schools with more conference titles in the last 16 years than OSU.
Oklahoma
Ohio State
Clemson
Alabama
Oregon
USC
Florida State
Virginia Tech
Stanford
LSU
Penn State
Wisconsin
Michigan State
Auburn
Washington
Texas
Baylor

Power 5 schools with 1
Oklahoma State
Kansas State
TCU
Wake Forest
Georgia Tech
Arizona State
Cal

How many did we have a in the last 50 years?

1. Definitely been in a dry spell since 1953. I donā€™t think 1 in 16, no make that 17 years is anything to brag about. In the 80ā€™s was everyone talking about the Jim Stanley days? 1976 was a fluke just like 2011. If you can never repeat it, itā€™s a fluke.

1976 was a share of the conference title

Iā€™ve counted every shared conference title in every conference. A shared conference title is better than no conference title. In 1976 the best part is we didnā€™t have to just share it with OU we had to also share with Colorado.

Iā€™d taken a few shared conference titles over the last 16 years but we didnā€™t get those either.

I donā€™t get what your point is here, everyone wants championships. But you also have to realistic about whoā€™s right down the road. Weā€™ve literally had 1 outright conference championship in over 50 years I donā€™t care how much money Boone gave the football program, you canā€™t buy tradition, especially when we spend an absurd amount on non revenue sports

Gundy didnā€™t take over the worst team in the big 12 conference. Since the conference began most years there has been at least 3 teams with a worse conference record and as many as 7. The football program that Gundy took over had went to three straight bowls and had a decade of competing with OU. This happened during the time Ou won itā€™s last National Championship. Since Gundy has been there we donā€™t have to compete with a nationally dominant Nebraska or a nationally dominant Texas and weā€™ve seriously weakened the non-conference schedule. How many of the other power 5 conferences have had 60% of the conference win the conference in the last 16 years? Luckily we are 1 of that 60% but is being in the top 60% of the conference an improvement? In the last 16 years 30% of the conference has won 2 or more conference titles, so we are not in the top 30%.
Yā€™all want to talk about how many games heā€™s won while hiding from competition. Well I donā€™t care how many wins we have over Tulsa and McNeese State. He needs to win the conference. If he can figure out how to win the conference and still lose to OU fine but over half of the conference is doing what heā€™s doing so itā€™s not that special.

A decade of competing with ou what ru talking about

From 1995 to 2004 5 wins and 5 losses. Decade equals 10 years and 5 and 5 is competing.

Proves my point exactly 3 of those wins we had losing records, your fine with going 4 and 8 so long as we beat ou

Iā€™ve said on here numerous times "if Gundy can figure out how to win the conference and still lose to OU, Iā€™m fine with it. "

Then why did you use that comparison, we werenā€™t even close to competing for conference titles in that decade u mentioned

Even though conference titles is the goal, I will always celebrate when we do beat OU. There sure hasnā€™t been much celebrating of beating OU or conference titles the last 16 years.

Incorrect. Pokes, Goons, and Nebraska. Colorado was not involved. I could be incorrect also.