Jaylen Warren Earns RB2 Job in Pittsburgh, Mason Rudolph Demoted

Originally published at: Jaylen Warren Earns RB2 Job in Pittsburgh, Mason Rudolph Demoted | Pistols Firing

Good news and bad news for a pair of former Pokes.

No surprise. Mason is who he is and he had trouble winning big games.

2 Likes

Good for Jaylen.
As for Rudolph, this is not surprising. Hopefully heā€™ll get traded to another team for a fresh start.

2 Likes

Pickett hasnā€™t shown heā€™s any better than Rudolph. Heā€™s just the hometown favorite and hopeful future QB1. Rudolph will be much more appreciated on any other team in this Hemisphere.

3 Likes

Yea Pickett hasnā€™t shown me much from the games I saw. Not any better than Mason. They will regret trading Mason before Pickett flames out

1 Like

First of all I think the Steelers, fans, organization, everyone, is a cult of some kind. The best thing to happen to Mason is for him to get traded anywhere else. I would love to see him made the starter for a team that actually gives him full backing, just to see what he can do. Not saying that he would for sure succeed but Iā€™d like to see what happens if he is given the chance. Same goes for James Washington, kind of hard to show your mettle when a washed up HOF quarterback wonā€™t throw you the ball.

3 Likes

Ben was critical of them both. Criticized Washington for jumping at a ball. Was on Mason from the time they drafted him. I hope they trade Mason to someone who can use him like he should be used. Their OL doesnā€™t look much better than last year and it was crap then

1 Like

Mason was listed as #2 on depth chart Monday. The depth chart was ā€œcorrectedā€ before Tomlin spoke Tuesday and then Mason was #3. Iā€™m not saying Mason should be #2 but if the organization suddenly ā€œcorrectsā€ the depth and demotes Mason from 2 to 3. I hope Mason getā€™s traded. I donā€™t know if teams would be interested in him or not but Pittsburg is certainly not the right place for him.

3 Likes

CONGRATS TO JAYLEN!!

As for Mason, knocking around the NFL as a capable back up is pretty good living as compared to the rest of us. Pretty sure his career is far from over. Pulling up a ranked list of the ā€˜startersā€™ for the NFL, I found that the bottom 3ā€¦ Mason could probably start, not just back up. jmhoā€¦ GO POKES!!
30. Daniel Jones, Giants
31. Davis Mills, Texans
32. Drew Lock, Seahawks

:cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

The trade rumors have been around all pre-season and even the off season. I almost feel like the Steelers listed him as #2 while talking with a specific team, as trading their backup would be more ā€˜valuableā€™ than trading the third stringer. When the talks stalled, they went ahead and ā€˜correctedā€™ the depth chart. jmho

2 Likes

Agree. I keep hearing Detroit as a landing spot.

2 Likes

ā€¦YEAHā€¦ but but butā€¦ Detroit seems to be where Oklahoma tied players go for career mitigation, even Barry!!

I look forward to them trading Malcolm already!! Sad but true for decades! Billy Simms comes to mind as well.

2 Likes

As much as we all love Mason, and it pains me to say this. He is not a NFL starting QB. And as far as a backup? If he was truly valued as such he would have already been traded. Steelers will ride him to the end of his one year contract and release him.