Joe Bob Clements Says Collin Oliver’s Character Will Take Him Further than Football

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/joe-bob-clements-says-collin-olivers-character-will-take-him-further-than-football/

Clements on the character of his young superstar.

1 Like

The type of person that fits into the “Cowboy Culture”. I’m really happy he plays for us. He will be a very high draft pick if he keeps on this path.

5 Likes

Feels like a Collin Oliver for Heisman campaign coming on, and I am 100% on board with it.

4 Likes

I just hope the defense can stay good enough that his talent isn’t overshadowed or forgotten if the defense takes too many steps backwards.

I feel like that’s what happened with Ogbah. He was probably one of the top defensive players in the country while at OSU. He was stuck on a defense most of his career that couldn’t really stop anyone. Some NFL analysts think he’s a top 5 defensive end in the NFL.

Oliver seems grounded enough to not let early fame get to his head. Seems he doesn’t care a lot for it. He will be fine going forward, just hope we can keep him 4 years but I doubt it

1 Like

Doubtful on the 4 years thing, but… does he give you that Barry Sanders feel on the other side of the ball, or is it just me??? He already seems to ‘act like you been there before’ in most situations.

GO POKES!!! :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Yes he’s got the confidence of a 5th year senior, and really seems to have a good head. Be hard to top this year but let’s hope

1 Like