Josh Sills Signs with Philadelphia Eagles as Undrafted Free Agent

You do know Gundy has never been able to beat OU when they’ve had at least one first round draft pick, right? We had to wait until they had their worst season 7 years to beat them.

It would’ve been nice to have a Jelani Woods during the Big 12 CCG.

So is there any possibility we could develop our own lineman we recruit? Instead of relying on another school to do it for us?

In what way was it their worst year in seven years? Oh, because we beat them. So, if by beating them, they accrue an additional loss and look worse, we’ll never beat them without them having a “terrible” season since a loss to us makes them terrible. If you just mean they didn’t have a first rounder, then you have to also consider that we gave their players bad tape.

Again. Does Jelani give us the win? Who knows? We probably just needed Sanders to run it in. Anything you can do offensively with a tight end, you can do with a slot receiver. Generally, I’d probably rather throw to Presley. Yes, it’s nice to have a strong target in the red zone. Maybe he would’ve won the game for us, but there’s no evidence to say not utilizing the tight end cost us the game.

Did we not just put Teven Jenkins in the NFL as a high second rounder last year? We developed him.

I don’t know. The fact that it’s the first time since 2014 they didn’t win a conference title or NY6 bowl? Why do we have to wait until they have a down year to beat them?

Maybe not the game. There is evidence out there that utilizing a tight end correctly in your offense can be beneficial. Jelani has proven that. Wonder why we never do it?

Yes. So are we going to go another 12 seasons without getting our next offensive lineman drafted? Jenkins is just one of the few since Okung to come through here to be drafted.

That’s my entire point. Why do we have to wait a decade or longer to get a lineman drafted? If Vanderbilt is developing their lineman good enough to get four drafted in the same time frame, that tells me we have a lot of work to do on the development of our offensive line.

They only didn’t win the conference or NY6 bowl because we beat them. Us beating them then makes it their worst season. Ergo, any time we beat them, it would be one of their worst seasons. Your question is “why can’t I have my cake, but also eat it?”

Oh, Jelani proved it? How did Virginia do this year? They finish in the top 25? No? We did.

Man, your questions are just foolish and sad. Who knows? Maybe we’ll have an offensive lineman this year.

1 Like

Did Virginia have a championship caliber defense? How is it his fault they didn’t?

Really? What does Jelani Woods have to do with Virginia’s defense? He doesn’t play on that side of the ball. What you just said made absolutely no sense. I could care less how many games Virginia won.

All I told you is that he’s proof that a tight end utilized correctly in the offense can be beneficial. If it weren’t true Jelani would’ve never had his name called during the NFL draft. Everyone here is just trying to make an excuse for Gundy because they know he phucked up with how to use Jelani in the offense.

It’s funny to me how we praise Blake Jarwin (UDFA) knowing the results of his status with Dallas now. Then we say Jelani sucks (Drafted 3rd round) without knowing yet what his future in the NFL looks like. You guys need to stop getting so drunk on the orange koolaid.

I didn’t say Jelani sucked. I said I’d probably rather throw to Presley in the middle of the field. If he’s so transformative, though, why wasn’t Virginia winning big with their offense? Because, at the end of the day, it’s just a nice piece. They ended up .500 in the atrocious ACC. Mendenhall didn’t figure anything out except how to lean on his one good player.

Again, it goes back to Virginia’s defense. What does Jelani have to do with their defensive success? Virginia was 3rd in the nation in total offense and 21st in scoring offense.

It’s better to find one player to lean on that not having one to lean on at all.

3rd in offense and 21st in scoring? That’s actually worse than I thought. They get a bunch of yards and don’t punch it in?

1 Like

I don’t know. Maybe they do the same thing we do offensively. Get to the red zone and kick a FG?

So how would that have helped us in the title game?

He’s an experienced player. It’s better than trying to toss a football to the middle of the field at a freshman.

1 Like

How was he experienced if “Gundy” never threw to him? Your argument is that he’s older which you constantly malign Gundy for using experienced players instead of talented freshmen. Just another hypocritical opinion.

1 Like

Gundy said you can’t replace experienced players. You either believe him or you don’t. Which one is it? I’m just going off what Gundy says about experienced players.

Pick your position.

1 Like