JT Thor Commitment Primer: Where PFB Predicts the Four-Star Big Will Land (+)

LaMelo Ball as well, although his circumstances are, let’s say, unique.

1 Like

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’d love to fast forward to November right now. I think a lot of people would that follow the basketball program closely. And that’s saying a lot cause I’m super excited for football season

1 Like

As good as he was coming out of HS, I feel like he would be known more if he’d come out of HS to college for a year. Probably would’ve gone to Kansas, and they’d most likely made a deep run in the tournament this year, so plenty of tv exposure and what not. I guess for some guys it works, I just think it’s better for basketball in general, that these guys stay home for a year and then go pro.

I think you’re right about the exposure of high level college vs. overseas, but:

1. If guys are good enough, NBA scouts will find them regardless of where they’re at.

2. It’s hard to overlook how appealing being able to get a guaranteed six figures for a year is opposed to playing for free in college. Also, at least in RJ Hampton’s case, he signed what’s apparently a massive shoe deal when he decided to go pro, so financially, a situation like his is pretty tough to turn down.

Yeah, I totally didn’t even think about any endorsement deals coming out of HS, but good point! That changes the dynamics drastically.

LaMelo Ball

Rivals lists Thor at 6’10 rather than the 6’8 listed seemingly everywhere else. That’d be useful

1 Like

Yeah, which is why I think it’s only worth considering going pro if you’re big enough to get a mega deal like that, which is only a handful of guys every year. Outside of them, I completely agree with you that the development and exposure in college is much better.

He’s definitely grew. He’s close to 7ft

3 Likes

Thunder & Frightening?

2 Likes

There is some buzz on another board that Thor is going to Auburn. How confident is Kyle Boone and is it just his opinion or something he has been told from sources.

1 Like

Thoughts @Pokes2135?

1 Like

KT21 said Thor has already made a silent commitment to us. I guess we’ll see tomorrow.

1 Like

I’m still confident based on my source that JT will be a poke tomorrow.

2 Likes

Thanks. Was just wondering if anything new had come up that might alter your opinion. Of course, I’ll be nervous until he actually announces.

I think more than anything we have a bunch of auburn people trying to speak something into existence lol.

2 Likes

Kind of like @TheHeadChimp and Greg Brown? :rofl:

3 Likes

Personally I think Thor was put off that Auburn was more attracted to Green and Brown. When Thor has been our highest priority. If Auburn would’ve made him priority one I’d be more scared.

Auburn won’t get Green but they may scoop away Brown.

2 Likes

My disappointment is immeasurable, but my day isn’t ruined because it’s still Easter.

4 Likes