JT Thor Recruitment Thread

Yeah, @marshall had an update last week on the JT Thor news surrounding that 247 article. Not much, but I think the takeaway is 1. Kentucky isn’t going away and 2. Going pro still isn’t being ruled out. Neither development particularly good for OSU.

Time to bump this thread back to the top with a possible commitment looming in the coming days.

Latest developments that most are already aware of:

"J.T. Thor and Donovan Williams are the two prospects from the 2020 class that Oklahoma State has locked in on. As of this moment, the Pokes have only one scholarship to fill and it would seem that the first prospect that takes it would get it.

I expect them to make their decisions later this month. Williams is settled on a group of three but Kansas State and Oklahoma State have a better chance than Texas. While the Pokes would like to land another shot-maker, I don’t see Williams landing in Stillwater for now.

Focused on his own group of three that also includes Auburn and UCLA, it is more of a battle between the Cowboys and the Tigers for Thor. Might Thor be waiting to see what Greg Brown does first before deciding on his eventual home? Possibly but, either way, I am fairly confident Thor will pick Oklahoma State.

If Oklahoma State sees another leave its program, it could try and snag both Thor and Williams, or fill that vacancy with someone like grad-transfer Jeriah Horne. The Pokes are also a finalist for four-star center Adama Sanogo who could reclassify into the 2020 class later this year."

1 Like

A guy on Orange Power said that we have and I quote “at least 2” more commitments coming. So I’m not sure what to make of that. I asked him if he could give any more info but he hasn’t replied yet.

1 Like

Very interesting. I completely missed this SI article earlier in the week.

“It hasn’t really changed much of what we do,” Mike Boynton told Pokes Report. “We’re pretty aggressive recruiting, you know this. I anticipate that we’ll be pretty busy heading into that signing period. I know that there’s some news out there already, but that won’t be the last of it, I’ll just say that.”

eyeball emojis!!!

4 Likes

So someone’s gotta be leaving, or is being redshirted. That is all I can think of.

Or Ziaire Williams/Greg Brown confirmed. :smirk:

1 Like

Apparently Greg Brown is starting to lean heavily toward Auburn, which could cinch Thor to OSU.

Edit: Proof. This guy is generally tuned in really well to 'crooting whispers so I buy it.

1 Like

Which means Shaka is getting axed

2 Likes

I think all @TheHeadChimp heard from your post was “Greg Brown” “lean heavily” “to OSU” and might have fainted :rofl:

6 Likes

I don’t know. The 'Horns were actually starting to play well toward the end of the season. I know UT has a huge budget, but I would have to wonder if they would really want to pay a buyout not knowing what’s in store for football season. I thought I remembered a number of something like $10M for Shaka’s buyout.

That’s a great point. I bet you see alot fewer buyouts the next couple of years as budgets were hit hard.

I believe this was the final game of Texas’ season, may have been one more. But regardless…not exactly playing at a high level!!!

1 Like

He goes there, I really hope we draw Auburn in the challenge! We played at A&M last year so we should get the game at GIA. Gimme all of that!

Right, believe me, I very fondly remember us blowing them out. But, before that, they had won five in a row. Ours was the last game because the B12 tourney got canceled before they got to play a game.

2 Likes

He’s considering Auburn because Jalen Green is a strong Auburn lean (assuming he isn’t still thinking of going pro).

I hate, so much, that Bruce Pearl is successful on the recruiting trail after having been sanctioned by the NCAA. It’s such horse hockey.

3 Likes

Honestly surprised Eddie got in the HOF before him.

1 Like

I hope he never does, but if so, I hope Pearl has to wait until he is at least 84 to get in.

4 Likes

So you are confident Pena will have everything in order to join the team on schedule? Some have speculated on here he may have some issues. I don’t know specifics. It’s hard to see him contributing next year especially if we get Thor on board.

Oh, and I don’t understand how someone redshirting would open a scholly. Redshirt years still count against 13 man limit, right?

1 Like

He’s not expected to contribute regardless of whether we get Thor or not. And yes, if what @marshall said holds, he should be fine, given the current climate as it pertains to education.