Kick Time Announced for Oklahoma State's Season Opener against South Dakota State

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/kick-time-announced-for-oklahoma-states-season-opener-against-south-dakota-state/

Let the countdown begin.

Advantage Oklahoma State!

Hard to replicate Oklahoma heat in North Dakota.

Man if it’s on ESPN- why the hell did they choose such a terrible kickoff time. Should’ve been a night game.

I’m just hoping this isn’t a 13-7 game going into the 4th quarter, and we don’t play musical chairs with our players.

Oklahoma temps in August and September should demand all night games.
Pokes will be tested. Not an ez non-conference schedule.

2 Likes

Yeah I bet it will be hotter than blue Blazes . Hopefully everyone will be healthy and not have heat stroke .

This is what I was going to say. Much lower humidity levels in S.D. Hopefully we can prepare for it and have an advantage.

1 Like

Hopefully it’s 47-3 and we have the luxury of playing some musical chairs .

3 Likes

100% agree w/DSB. Who makes the time decision in its only on ESPN- ? I thought our AD would have input. This is an absolute stupid decision with anticipated temp high 90s with humidity. This time slot shows no care for the players health nor the fans. It will be like the 2009 Georgia game but hotter. A big thank you for the decision makers. Grade = F[quote=“PistolsFiring, post:1, topic:21249, full:true”]
Originally published at: [quote=“DickeySucksBalls, post:3, topic:21249, full:true”]
Man if it’s on ESPN- why the hell did they choose such a terrible kickoff time. Should’ve been a night game.
[/quote]

Let the countdown begin.
[/quote]

I think we’ll play musical chairs even if we’re up 7-3.

While the average high temp for August 31 in Stillwater, Oklahoma, over the last 5 years is only 91, the temp this year may be closer to the average high before that, which was 95. Ideal might be a cooler day for fans, but hot enough on the playing surface to help the home field advantage for our Pokes. It may be needed, as SDS played Iowa 7-3-in a pretty recent home opener for Iowa. I expect a decisive victory for OSU, but I did last year for some games that turned out differently. This year we look to have a good defense, and an even better offense than last year.