Lutz's Roster, Assistant Coaches Still To Be Determined

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/lutzs-roster-assistant-coaches-still-to-be-determined/

‘I want every one of them to stay, and if they want to stay, we’d love to to have them.’

I’m liking the straight forward approach so far

3 Likes

The difference between a coach with experience and success versus a coach who was learning how to coach was evident during his speech. First time in several years that I’ve felt hopeful for Cowboy basketball. I think this guy can at least get us into the top half of the conference so we can make it to the NCAA tournament. I don’t see us winning the conference as long as Houston, Kansas and Arizona are around. Lutz is one brave guy to try to put out the fire and rise from the ashes. I hope most of the remaining players enter the portal so he can bring in the players who fit his scheme. The players absent from the show today are not returning.
He stated the obvious, he needs great players. It does feel like a new era with a coach who won’t tolerate a mediocre roster. Depends on how much will be put into NIL. Administration is serious about stopping the embarrassment that Cowboy basketball has been. Do not keep any of current assistant coaches.

2 Likes

Agree, only get assistant coaches tied to success. If we currently have any of those then they need to explain the results of the team they helped coach. Just cause you played at OSU doesn’t mean you can coach. Two different skills.

Agreed with your post right up until you stated we shouldn’t keep any current assistants. I understand your point (bring in fresh new blood that works well with Lutz) but I don’t think anyone can definitively say that none of the current assistants might not be the best available. I don’t know what Keiton Page and Scott Sutton or any of the others might bring to the table, but they could be highly valuable.

I like Lutz’s straightforward approach and will be interested to see what he thinks is best.

This right here!!! Boynton never surrounded himself with good coaches. The Sutton hire was because of the name and imo he’s not that good of a coach. Clear house and actually begin a new era. There is absolutely no reason to keep anyone from this staff. We can and should do better.

As for Paul’s comments… You state that the you don’t know what they bring to the table but they could be highly valuable. Imo, highly valuable people show their value. You usually don’t have to guess. Therefore I’d say they aren’t highly valuable. They seem very replaceable.

I vote for a new coaching staff/ and an entirely new roster. Show that we are serious about basketball.