Coaching Search

Thread for the latest happenings with Weiberg’s search.

10 Likes

According to John Holcomb: Doug Gottlieb has been informed he’s not in the running and keep an eye on Utah State’s Danny Sprinkle.

7 Likes

I will try to add The Athletic’s thoughts on the coaching search when I get a chance because it’s paywalled.

1 Like

HALLELUJAH

4 Likes

Wasn’t paywalled for me

2 Likes

Great read from a writer who clearly understand the history and potential of OSU hoops. Rare these days. He got me very, very fired up on Schertz.

*He runs a modern offense that hunts 3s and layups. The Sycamores rank first in college basketball in effective field-goal percentage and ranked fourth last season. His teams are fun to watch, and it’s possible he could bring his five starters with him from Indiana State, who all have eligibility

Also, how about this nugget on Schertz?

He also has some history with Oklahoma State; he was a student assistant at Florida Atlantic when FAU upset the Cowboys at Gallagher-Iba Arena in 1998, ending an 80-game winning streak for OSU against non-conference teams at home.

That game still haunts Dad and I. Walking to the game I questioned if we could lose…Dad: “Son, we ain’t losing to Florida Atlantic.” Ultimate jinx I’ve never let him him live down lol

20 Likes

Do the old technique. Open it in desktop browser. Immediately after it loads press Cntrl + P. Profit!

For any athletic article.

3 Likes

I’ve been doing this for Haisten’s articles!

4 Likes

Something I think should be important, bringing in guys who already know their coaches system and can help bridge year one would be big

5 Likes

Michigan fires Howard. So now we are competing for a head coach with a school that has 100x the resources we do. Not great Bob…

7 Likes

Eh…they won’t go for the same people we go for.

They can get beluga whale caviar. We can get catfish.

9 Likes

What about Bob Richey from Furman or Grant McCasland at North Texas?

I do love some fried catfish

5 Likes

I thought McCasland couldn’t be had for a particular reason…

1 Like

Spill the tea…

Lol, no tea. Just thought he was dedicated to North Texas for the time being.

3 Likes

Does anybody else feel that, regardless of who we get, it won’t make much of a difference because of NIL and also because of the Big 12 becoming just a filthy conference?

I have a sense of dread.

1 Like

Nah, I have hope

4 Likes

Nope. I think the right coach can make other pieces fit together and make it work.

6 Likes

He’s the coach at Texas Tech now

5 Likes