Coaching Search

Yeah that kind of kills it for me. Separate out his time at Valpo and GCU and I’d be more interested. That being said, his time at Vandy was pre portal and NIL so maybe the cupboard was just really bare and he couldn’t get going. But I’m not sold.

2 Likes

Gundy hires a coordinator from D2 or lesser level “What a loser, go get someone better!”. A D2 basketball coach has a good winning % “We should go get that guy!” “Just because Doug was a smart player, played under a HOF coach, and was raised by a great coach doesn’t mean it will translate”. However, hiring a mid major coach that’s had spurts of success at a much lower level essentially guarantees that he will do great in Stillwater AND when he does have success he will turn down everyone else to stay at OSU because it’s his “Yankee job”…

2 Likes

OH BROTHER……:-1:

10 Likes

Spurts of success? SPURTS OF SUCCESS???

The dude has 4 national titles, has been the D2 coach of the year 5 times and a .813 record as a head coach. I am not sure I want him as our coach but that is hard to call just spurts of success.

10 Likes

I wasn’t speaking specifically about him in the “spurts of success” part. I was talking about the other names that have been tossed around. It was more just generalizations of different guys that people have been wanting. Sorry that wasn’t very clear on my part. That’s why I included that in the “mid major” sentence tho. In my defense. But still, I could have been more clear.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Word that can’t be associated with Doug’s resume

12 Likes

If Trilly says it’s happening he is right as I’m sure you know

Not sold on Drew either but there are certainly worse alternatives he made the tourney his first year at Vandy, and his last year he got two 5 stars but his best guy got hurt and out for the year (Darius Garland) similar to if Cade would’ve gotten hurt that year but I don’t think we would have been THAT bad but who knows

4 Likes

Says the guy who was personally lobbying for a community college quarterback transfer??!

14 Likes

Did you put the new cover sheet on it?

2 Likes

What’s this I hear about you not using the cover sheet?? Didn’t you attend the 30 minute teams meeting on it and miss the 14 follow up email reminders?

2 Likes

To be fair, Drew only coached at Vanderbilt three years. Went to the tournament in Yr 1 but went winless in conference in Yr 3 and they canned him. Quick trigger and it didn’t get any better. His replacement, Jerry Stackhouse, was just sacked after going 5 years without making it to the tournament.

Vandy is a lost cause in football but traditionally they’ve been pretty competitive in basketball, particularly under Stallings. He got them into the tournament 7 times in the 17 years he was there.

Half of that is the same thing I just said lol

John Holcomb threw out Josh Pastner….Um No Thank You!

4 Likes

Drew would be a massive whiff.

10 Likes

The Indiana State dude isn’t truly in the running is he?

Word is he is already locked up to Saint Louis

6 Likes

Take it for what it’s worth but I’ve heard we are in talks with Drew and our officials want it done by Monday at the latest. Alford is supposedly the backup at this point in time

2 Likes

Mike Rutherford says Schertz has an offer from Louisville.