Mike Gundy Says Kasey Dunn Is ‘Ready to Be a Head Coach’

Originally published at: Mike Gundy Says Kasey Dunn Is ‘Ready to Be a Head Coach’ | Pistols Firing

‘He’s really good at what he does now.’

1 Like

Sounds like someone is ready for Dunn to move on. I wonder if there’s a offensive guy out there looking for a job?

At the end of the season when Dunn takes the first offer he gets and Garrett Rangel hits the portal, remember no nepotism here.

1 Like

This wouldn’t work out for you. You hate dunn we bring in a real coach. Then gunnar takes us to a natty. Then your stuck with not only gundy but gunnar till your death.

How about them apples sweet heart

2 Likes

Dunn isn’t even a good offensive coordinator. He definitely isn’t ready to be head coach. Maybe he and Spencer Sanders can ride off into the sunset together and suck at another school instead of OSU. I guess this pretty much proves Gundy is always talking out of his arse.

1 Like

I agree I think someone wants Dunn to move on. I think he can head coach in a FCS school or even lower Division football. I don’t believe he can coach FBS or NFL. It’s been mind boggling we try to make a RPO/Running QB play pro style with a sub par o-line. The lack of creativity too. Maybe this will be the year where we run the offense play calling consistently like our bowl games. Then I’ll change my mind. Dunn has been my least favorite OC.

3 Likes

Nothing against Rangel or Gunner but we need to be very active in the portal looking for an experienced QB next year.

2 Likes

Conference championship last year against Baylor, first and goal with the clock running out where a win possibly gets us to the playoffs. We have a backup center trying to block quite possibly the best player in the conference so Dunn tries to run straight at him for first and second down. Unsurprisingly, no gain either time. Third down, with the game on the line, he calls a pass play designed to go to our DE who is playing as a TE, despite having at least twenty players that could probably catch better than him on the team. Fourth down, he runs a counter sweep with our slowest RB having to outrun their linebacker to the edge. Not one good play choice in that entire set.4th down was probably the best one though at least. Gundy talks about being to stay in your box and know who you are. Dunn clearly forgot that with the game on the line.

1 Like

I believe the Peterson Principle is currently in effect. If you don’t know what it is, look it up.

Hmmm……I don’t know how many head coaches out there would look at our offense in 2021 and say “Let’s hire the guy that was 55th in total offense and 46th in scoring offense. Surely his play calling will get us a conference title in the future.”

1 Like

If Gunnar takes us to a natty it’s because he’s desperate to change his dad’s culture of losing championships.

1 Like

Good luck getting Robert and Michael to believe that. If they don’t believe in video evidence (like I provided for them) they certainly aren’t going to believe this.

I would use him as help he thought the guy was a lb.
What video evidence. I saw our back 1 on 1 and choose poorly.

Then there is you. I never heard someone cry so much.

One thing i have found out you worship people who leave. Why dnt you. At no point can you say your a good fan. You enjoy nothing. Go be a better fan somewhere else

1 Like

I enjoyed the bedlam victory. Especially when we’ve lost six in a row.

I still think gundy moved him up to offensive coordinator to keep him for recruiting and knowing that nothing is going to change much in the offensive scheme as we all have witnessed the last 3 coordinators. Gundy needs to just hire a real offensive coordinator and let him run it to win a championship. I mean let’s all be honest with ourselves here and just say his scheme is and has not and will not be championship caliber. Gundy just wants to pad his winning percentage more than take a risk to win championships but also have down years as they leave. FACT

1 Like

Example…. Auburn. But they still hold more clout than us. Championships get you respect not 9 win seasons!! Example Iowa.

1 Like

My jury is still out on Dunn. My least favorite was Yurcich, our overpaid OC trainee for the first few years. Gundy’s puppet after Monken and Holgy would show him the middle finger when he wanted ‘involved’ with play calls. LMAO…

Holgy, all time favorite OC. But wouldn’t want him as a head coach. Putting ‘autonomy’ into his contract to even come to Stillwater was his best play call of all!!!

GO POKES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Auburn seems to suffer from ‘Texas syndrome’ of politics with boosters being out of control and a serious detriment. jmho…

1 Like

Up and down a lot.

I liked Monken, he would tell Gundy, go sit down. Always loved his comment during practice saying “ they know we are coming F them we have the best receiver in college football “ He went for the throat , same as Holgy. Of course Weeden was nails throwing

2 Likes

Scott Frost is definitely on the hot seat after allowing Northwestern to come back and beat the Huskers by a field goal. Casey Thompson was inconsistent and threw a pick to give Northwestern the game.

not sure if Nebraska would give Dunn a look, but if Frost has a repeat of 2021 (eight 1-score losses) stick him with a fork!

1 Like