Mike Gundy Signals Shift in QB Philosophy That May Affect Recruiting

There is very few people who actually use their NIL. It’s pay for play for 90% of these athletes.

Did those 3 coach have sanders and aa many injuries.

1 Like

Saw that Manning is getting 3.7 million at Texas :flushed: We can’t compete with that. Basketball Bronny James 7.1 million !!! I don’t even know where he signed !! A fing kid being a millionaire before he steps on campus ???

1 Like

Manning and Bronny at least make sense. Those guys names are worth big money. You could actually get a return on your NIL dollars with their likeness. You can’t get that return from some random 5 star that goes to A&M.

1 Like

Bronny will be there one year, does that equate to 7 million ? Manning 3 years, he maybe a difference maker In winning games but neither one have proved theirselves. Some nondescript 5 star may or may not make a difference ? What if both Bronny and Manning are both mediocre ? Fans can be fickle….they can turn on you in one game

1 Like

Do you not understand what “NIL” means? Bronny is one of the few athletes that actually has a “Name, Image, and Likeness” that’s worth something. He isn’t just pay for play. Bronny is worth millions in advertising alone. He has millions of followers that he can promote a university or other brands to. Livvy Dunne is in a sport that loses a bunch of money but she’s still getting paid millions because her NIL is worth something. Bronny is what NIL was actually for. Not pay to play.

We have two understandings of the NIL then. It’s for players promoting their worth to the school. You gonna tell me when Bronny is gone after one year the school will still make millions of of him ? Hell no that isn’t happening. Neither will Manning
The NIL is outside funds offer a player to stay at their school or come play there. You did see USC and Florida money went down before the players even got the money !! Bronny will get paid even if he never went to school

1 Like

Then you evidently don’t know what NIL means I guess. Bronny provides immense value to a university just by being there. Doesn’t matter if he’s the best player of all time or average. His name is worth millions. Brands and the university both get 7+ million followers worth advertisement just from him being there.

Idk about recruits these days but when I was 18 I wanted money and…

I hope it will settle down but 18-22 ain’t the settling down years .

1 Like

Wrong !! Your interpretation, I know you will come back with something trying to convince me and everyone else

1 Like

It’s not until they say it’s off limits. Which isn’t happening anytime soon. NCAA opened it up after the ruling so anything goes now. ATM , how much have they spent to go 6-6 ? 18-22 year olds that are serious about their sport just want to play, now good money comes with it

1 Like

Yea one thought comes to mind after that “money and”…. :joy:

1 Like

I truly don’t understand how you can’t figure this out. The people at the top of the NIL game are there because of their influence and following. That provides immense value to a university and the other brands funding the NIL. That’s why they get paid. 99% of NIL is pay for play. These are the few examples of legitimate NIL.

1 Like

I do think we had a ‘gambler’s’ chance to win that match up, too!!!

Word has it that the LSU team bus was delayed after the game. Someone painted a 50 yard line in front of it and they could not cross it!!! I know our defense wasn’t going to be as daunting, but our offense that season was something that LSU hadn’t experienced either.

GO POKES!!! :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

That was what I thought too. Our offense, nobody could stop it. Defense would have been good enough to give us more possessions. Sure would have liked the chance to see :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

That percent you talk about is what 4-5 % ? I still don’t see them to make up seven million bud maybe they can for a one year guy

1 Like

If you can’t figure out why LeBron’s son is worth millions I don’t know how I can help you.

1 Like

I never said I couldn’t figure that out. I said he will receive millions if he doesn’t go to school. The school may get a return but he will receive much more than the school

2 Likes

You’re right he would get paid either way. He’s got a large following plus his dads following. He will be wearing X school’s jersey for 30+ games a year plus however many times his dad wears X university clothing. He’s a walking billboard. 7 million for Bronny to wear your logo that much is worth it.

1 Like

Exactly!!! I’ve met Russell Westbrook and his younger brother before. Of course, Russell’s younger brother is the exact opposite of him (short and tubby). I’m sure he’s still able to pull a fair amount of strange just simply for being Russell’s brother.